14

𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥

✻ ✻ ✻

Thursday, 10th October 2015

“When did you start talking again?”, he asked me after a while.

We were sitting on the floor, leaning against the bed. He turned his head towards me, while I just kept staring out of the window.

“Right now. My first words were to you”, I whispered and felt relieved.

“Oh, that's...”

“I actually had been saving them because I wanted them to be to you”, this time I turned my head as well and found him staring.

Then a small smile crept on his face. I didn't know what he was going through but I was going to be there for him. No matter how much he tried to push me away.

“Shiv”

He looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

“Yes, you?”, I chuckled lowly and he rolled his eyes.

“Yes, Ani”, he answered and I glared at him because I despised that nickname.

“Don't call me that”, I growled and he smirked.

After that we just sat around for what felt like forever and we didn't even notice when we fell asleep there. It wasn't about talking. We loved sitting with each other in silence. Shivaay would do that when I felt extra sad.

So, now I was doing the same for him.

When I woke up, Shivaay was all ready to go on with his day. He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. I looked at him confused but later on I realized it was because I was staring at him.

“You wanna go with me?”, he asked me before parting out of the door. I took a second to think and then nodded.

I locked the room and we started walking towards our first class. I didn't know what to say. He looked at me and I turned my head to the other side as quickly as I could. Didn't wanna make it more awkward.

“So, when are you getting off today?”, I asked him curiously.

Maybe we could do something together in the afternoon.

“Around 4, gotta catch up with all I've missed”

Well, there goes nothing.

“I forgot to tell you that I printed out my notes, so that you can study off them”, I recalled and he looked at me with his eyes widened.

“So, you're telling me you never missed a class for two weeks?”, he asked me and it sounded lowkey offensive, so I glared at him.

“Shut up and yes”

He didn't say anything after that until we reached the place. Shivaay stopped walking and clenched onto his backpack.

“I'm glad you're doing okay now”

I smiled at him and waved slowly, walking away. I turned around midway to check on him and found him encircled by his people.

All of that made me question, if we ever became friends, would he introduce me to his other friends? Or would he feel ashamed. Maybe I hadn't mentioned it, but Shivaay and my status don't really go along.

He tones it down by being humble but just by looking at him, you'll know his from a well known family. His personality, style, everything gives it away.

In my case it was actually the opposite. I had no confidence, and wasn't really the richest person. Heck, Shivaay was always the one to buy us food.

I couldn't help but feel miserable, so I decided that today I was going to apply for other jobs. I was sitting in the library when my phone rang.

“Hello, Good afternoon”, I answered the phone. I didn't like phone calls because I get nervous and end up saying something awkward.

“Hello, I'm Emily”, the person said.

“Um, sorry, I didn't recognize”

“From the coffee shop you sent your CV to?”, she asked me and I jumped up from my chair.

“Yes, yes”

“Haha, I showed your CV to Boss and she wants to meet you”

I couldn't hold in my squeal.

“If you maybe have time tomorrow, around 4pm?”, she asked me and I agreed right away.

I walked home feeling so joyful. It was like a dream. I had totally forgotten about this application. On my way back home, I grabbed two pieces of cake.

I put on some light around the room and made some hot coffee for myself and Shivaay. It was almost time for him to come back and tight when I thought about him, the door opened.

“Hey”, I greeted him very cheerful and he walked over to me. Shivaay then placed his palm on my forehead.

“No fever, huh?”, he put his thumb and index finger under his chin.

“What's that supposed to mean?”, I asked him, quite offended by his act.

“I mean, what's got you so hyped up?”, he asked me and chuckled. I clenched my fist and hit him on his arm as strong as I could.

“Don't make fun of me”, I gritted my teeth and grabbed the two mugs, handing him one.

“I wanted to tell you something”, I said while taking a sip of the hot chocolate.

“Hmm?”

“I got a job at a coffee shop. So, I'll repay you soon”, I looked up and found Shivaay not drinking anymore.

“Anika”, he then took a pause for a moment and sighed.

“Y-ou don't have to work. I me-an, I know we don't know e-each other that well, but I can take care of our expenses”, he whispered while looking down.

“I know you can but it just doesn't feel right for me to rely on you like this. I can't accept your money. It'll always make me feel like I owe you... and I don't want that”

Shivaay just nodded. I smiled and scooted closer to him. He looked up and then towards me.

“Don't worry, you can still buy me snacks”, I ordered very proud of myself.

“Yes, ma'am”

“Shivaay?”

“Yes?”

“Why do you feel like taking care of me and my expenses?”, I asked him while blowing over the chocolate.

“I-i don't know. A-s you know that I b-belong to a very wealthy family, their money never r-eally brought me much happiness. And I'm not in favor of wasting it. By no means am I c-calling you poor, it's just, I thought taking care of you would be a good cause”, he whispered and his cheeks turned red.

I looked at him and I don't know for where it came but I let it out.

“I'm not a charity case, Shiv, but I do appreciate whatever you've done for me. So, thank you”, I placed my hand on his and gave him a short smile, while he just nodded in return.
_______________________________________

Amna xx