19

𝐢'𝐦 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞.

✻ ✻ ✻

The day at his place

“Are you sure you want me to go too?”, I asked him again and Shivaay looked over to me.

“Of course, all my friends are going and it makes sense for you to come with us, because I still have to introduce you to my mother”, he smiled and I just nodded.

Soon I got dressed and we started walking towards the place everyone was supposed to meet. Shivaays brother was coming to pick us up and the other half was going with Malika.

“So, we finally meet Anika”, Omkara said while fixing the mirror.

“We've already met before”, I told him and he chuckled, shaking his head.

“It was under different circumstances”, he said and started driving.

“Well, I'd love to get to know you”, he said and I smiled at him.

“Me too”, I answered and looked out of the window.

“It'll take us a good half an hour to get there, my mom lives in Manhattan”, Shivaay said while texting someone on his phone.

The rest of the ride passed by in silence and me listening to some music. I hadn't been anywhere since I had come to New York. Whatever I had seen, was all thanks to Shivaay. Or my friends.

Once we reached there, Omkara parked their car and we entered their huge Mansion. It looks so beautiful from outside. The walls had this adorably beige color.

Everybody else was already sitting on the sofa's, having snacks. Rudy's eyes lit up and a huge grin broke on his face. He came running to me like a kid and pulled me into a hug.

“Finally you're here”, he exclaimed eagerly and I giggled on his desperation.

I turned my head and found Daksh looking at me bored. Was everything okay with him today? Usually, he'd flirt around with me and make weird remarks.

Well, I brushed it off. The last person my eyes landed on was, Manika. He looked at me with a small smirk, but a cute one. It was a bit different from Daksh' smirk.

“Where's Mali?”, Shivaay asked and started looking around for her.

“Did shomewone coll me?”

A Malika stuffed with pastries left the kitchen. Her face was smeared with cream and damn, did she look cute. Shivaay rolled his eyes at her.

“Typical”, he muttered and stood there while Omkara snickered, shaking his head.

“Khanna”, Shivaay shouted and I looked around as if his other friends were going to join us.

What I didn't expect was a bodyguard to walk over to Shivaay and lower his head in front of him. He huffed in annoyance and hugged that dude.

“Stop doing that, how often do you want me to tell you that”, he whispered and Khanna smiled.

“So, what can I do for you this time?”, Khanna asked Shivaay, who motioned towards Malika and everyone else with his eyes.

Khanna looked quite amused with his view and everyone started grinning at him.

“Ma'am is gone for the whole day so, whatever it is, get it done before 11pm”, he said and everyone nodded their head obediently.

“Guys, I want a party”, Daksh said and sat down on the arm chair, with his leg hanging on the other side.

“It's daylight, you idiot”, Malika's voice held venom.

“Don't be a party popper, Mal”, he said and she ignored him.

“You know what, let's just get freshened up and come back in half an hour with some good ideas”, Omkara interrupted them and everyone agreed.

It was fascinating how all of his friends had a room in his house. A maid guided me to mine one. I was just standing there, thanking her awkwardly, when Manik was passing by.

He was looking at his phone, but then he gazed up and saw me standing there.

“Are you okay? If you need something, I'm in the room next door, okay?”, he said with a smile.

And I didn't know what happened but my stomach did this weird tingling thing. I nodded and he left. When he was out of my site, I let out my breath freely.

Shivaay had told me to pack an outfit incase, so I took a shower and changed into that one. It was almost half an hour, when I walked into the foyer.

I was so engrossed in those paintings hanging at the wall, that I hadn't even noticed some standing beside me.

“Quite magnificent, right?”

“Yes”, I answered but eyes widened when I realized that wasn't Malika's voice.

I turned my head to my side and found a girl almost my age standing there. She was short, just like Rudy. A bit chubby which I found so adorbs. She smiled at me so innocently like a kid.

“Who are you though?”, I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

“I'm Soumya. I come here often to visit Om and Shiv bro”, she said and right after that they appeared.

“Somu”, Shivaay's face lit up and she turned around, embracing him in a hug.

It brought me so much peace, seeing him get so appreciated by the people around him. It was so heart-warming. Omkara looked at Soumya offended.

Soon, everyone was in the room and they decided to throw a pool party, all for themselves. And later they'd agreed to some BBQ.

I was new to all of these things, so I stayed quiet. Malika grabbed my hand and dragged me up to her room, along with Soumya.

“So, what are you both wearing to the party?”

“I-i don't know, I've never been to a pool party”, I told them and their mouths widened in shock.

“Well, good that I stick up for the plan”, she said proud of herself and Soumya giggled.

Later she pulled out some of her clothes from the wardrobe. I still couldn't comprehend that they had their own rooms, with stuff in it. They must be very close to Shivaay and his family.

They weren't close, but already family.
_______________________________________

Amna xx