36

𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲'𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞
𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮,
𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞

✻ ✻ ✻

Friday, December 25th 2015

When I woke up, he wasn't home. Where had he gone this early? I freshened up and started making us some breakfast.

Because I was feeling so productive today, I decided to make some pancakes. And  just when I was finished with them, he entered the room with his red nose.

He could seriously compete with Rudolph.

“Where were you?”, I asked him a bit pissed off.

I mean, you don't just leave a girl while she's sleeping. If I wouldn't know him better than I might would've started freaking out.

“Something important that I remembered”, he took off his jacket and walked over to me.

I handed him his plate and smiled. It was christmas, I couldn't stay in a bad mood today. It just wasn't possible. Shivaay chuckled and put back the plate.

I looked at him surprised. He was a sucker for pancakes and would start munching on them immediately. I mean, that was usually the case but surprisingly not today.

Shivaay started looking for something in his pocket and pulled out a box. My eyes widened. There was a ring in it that was similar to the one I gave him yesterday night.

“Wha..”, before I could say something, he slipped it into my fingers and I looked at him a bit shocked.

He then suddenly pecked my cheek.

What was wrong with him? He just said yesterday he wasn't looking for a relationship. And these were those tiny things people would do when they were in a relationship.

“Merry Christmas, sunshine”, he said and grabbed his plate, walking over to the small table in our room.

I sat down beside him and started eating. Still in shock, to be honest! He was playing with me, leading me on. But then again, he didn't know how I feel, so he couldn't be blamed.

After that Shivaay washed the dishes and I looked at him. What could we have done today?

Shivaay put on some music and I smiled. He grabbed my hand and started spinning me around, while I couldn't stop laughing.

He was a pretty good dancer, but that didn't matter. Nothing really did, apart from the fact that I was in his arms and he was looking at me.

Shivaay was looking at me. Not the normal kind of, but the kind where you are completely aware of the other person's presence. His eyes held so much warmth and that's when it happened.

That's when they changed colour and went a shade darker. Just like the ocean. I had it really bad, cause I wasn't going to mind drowning in them.

I couldn't believe that this was us. This was me and him. Dancing around in our room. And even if it was for a short time, I felt loved. I felt wanted by him.

As if he felt the same. As if he wanted to hold me in his arms, no matter what he had told me yesterday. Maybe I was being delusional, but I couldn't care less.

For the first time, I could say that life was beautiful. That I felt beautiful, because his eyes wouldn't leave mine. Because he wouldn't stop smiling, looking at me.

And just like this time passed.

“You're cheating”, he yelled at me and I shook my head innocently.

We were reciting tongue twisters and the one who'd lose, was going to get hit on the head.

“I thought, I thought of thinking of thanking you”, he recited quickly, but it kinda seemed suspicious, because he didn't stutter once.

“I'm not playing anymore, you're the one cheating”, I pouted, because it was his 6th time hitting me.

While I only got to lay hands on him 2 times. I wasn't the best at this and I hated it. Shivaay chuckled, shaking his head.

“Okay, one last time”, he said and I agreed, grumpy.

“Ken Dodd's dad's dog's dead”, we said at the same time and finally, it was him who bit on his tongue.

I hit him on his head and he yelped in pain. Which serves him right. I had been enduring his hand since the past half an hour.

“Hey”, he screamed suddenly and I could see mischief in his eyes.

Shiver ran down my spine, when he latched himself onto me and started tickling me. I threw my head back, because I couldn't stop laughing and tears had formed in my eyes.

“Stop it, you bitch”, I screamed between all the laughter and I could see that bloody smirk on his face.

“That's for hitting me”, he whispered dangerously into my ear and I stopped laughing.

So did he, when he noticed our position. Shivaay was on the top of me, slightly straddling me, while I had my hands around me. I gulped.

He wouldn't stop looking at me, which made controlling myself so hard. His head started leaning closer to mine and I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or this was actually happening.

But obviously his phone had to ring at the same time and he looked at me shocked, as if he had just noticed what he was about to do.

He picked up the phone and started to talk to someone. Leaving me behind, over thinking whatever the heck just happened.

Did he really not like me? Had I just imagined everything that happened between us? Why couldn't feelings be less complicated? If I could just tell him everything without being scared of losing him.

Maybe we could negotiate this matter.

“Get ready, we going over to Malika's”, he told me and I just nodded but then snapped my head to him.

“She wants me to come too?”, I asked him and he looked at me as if I was the dumbest person alive.

“Of course?”, he raised an eyebrow.

Wait, Malika? It all made sense. I knew what I had to do.

My knight in shining armour.
_______________________________________

Not me writing love stories when I haven't even experienced love, xD!

Amna xx