34

𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐞𝐭?

✻ ✻ ✻

Wednesday, 23rd December 2015

"Nika, wake up", he screamed into my ear and I pushed him away, snuggling deeper into my cover.

"Shut up, Shiv", I yelled at him and he just groaned.

Finals were over and it was our second day of holidays. God knows what had gotten into the guy, he just couldn't stop disturbing my peaceful sleep!

"You're ruining the day but sleeping around", he snapped at me and I didn't answer, because priorities.

Shivaay then sighed and just left. An hour later when I opened my eyes, he wasn't around. I walked into the bath, took a warm shower and got to making breakfast for myself.

Well, it was more lunchfast than breakfast. I was slurping the cereal milk
down when the door opened and Shivaay entered the room.

"Gee, fucking thanks for opening your eyes", he let his skills in sarcasm pour out.

"What's with you today?", I asked him and raised an eyebrow.

"I just wanted to do something with you today", he rolled his eyes and sat down on the bed.

A smile formed on my face. Aw, he wants to hang out? Motherfudger really thought I was gonna sacrifice my sleep.

"Aw, don't be sulky, dumpling"

Yea, that nickname didn't help the situation at all. Shivaay just glared at me and I grinned at him innocently.

"Get changed", he said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why though?", I asked him and Shivaay smirked.

It was an awkward one, because he doesn't do it very often.

"We're going ice skating"

And my eyes left my socket. I didn't know how to skate. That bitch and his talented stupid ass could get lost. Why did he always have to make me do weird things?

Ugh, never mind, I still got changed, because if I wouldn't have then he'd be running around depressed and I didn't want that.

Shivaay could sometimes be a pain in the ass!

We were at the ice skating place and I looked around, weirded out by just the surroundings. While on the other hand, my little dumpling looked so joyful.

"This makes you happy?", I asked him skeptically and he started nodding his head like a kid.

We got the shoes and I tried to get them on, but it was just so confusing, so I sat there waiting for him to help me out. He looked at me and I motioned towards the shoes.

Dumpling rolled his eyes and kneeled down to tie them. Once we were done with that, I tried to get on ice. But the moment I did, I lost balance and clung myself to board.

Which obviously amused him a lot and I just shot daggers at him. He then stepped closer to me, offering me his hand.

With one hand holding the boarder and the other his, I started taking slow steps and after half an hour, I finally did it.

I could let go of the border and skate around, holding his hand. But suddenly he pulled away his hand and I was left on my own.

At first it was okay, I was still standing alone. But then I started skating and soon lost my balance, landing on the cold ice with my butt and hitting my elbow.

I yelped in pain. Shivaay chuckled and skated over so effortlessly. Then kneeled down and looked at me while shaking his head.

"Does it hurt?", he asked me and I nodded while pouting in pain.

"Oh no, sunshine, want me to kiss the pain away?", he asked in a playful manner.

And I knew he hadn't expected my next move, which was to nod and agree with him. Shivaay stopped laughing and looked at me in all seriousness.

"Don't be shy, do it", I whispered and his mouth opened slightly.

I looked him dead in the eye, but moments later couldn't hold it anymore, so I burst into a fit of laughter.

"You should've seen your face", I kept laughing while he still hand recovered from the shock.

But I was immediately stopped by his lips. I was surprised at this sudden act. And I was trying too hard to register the fact that Shivaay was kissing me.

It was finally him who kissed me.

And the kiss ended just as quickly as it happened. He pulled away and I suddenly forgot how to breath. Shivaay stared into my eyes and I gulped.

He should stop doing things that don't hold any meaning to him.

He opened his mouth to say something but then stopped. Grabbing my hand he pulled me up and we went back to the skating. This time he was holding both of my hands and skating backwards, so that I could depend on him a bit.

Later on, he took me to this Christmas market and we walked around looking at a lot of things. Shivaay had gone to get us some spiced wine.

While walking around my eyes landed on a certain ring. It was a promise ring for men. And a part of me wanted to get it.

For Shivaay.

I turned back to look at him and found him standing there, waiting for his turn. I mean, he had done so much for me and I wanted to give him something that would remind him of me later.

When the time comes and we have to go our own ways. I wasn't always going to stay in college and he wasn't always going to be my roommate.

I wanted him to look at this ring one day and think of all the memories we made. If it were up to me, I'd collect them all and save them into a tiny box. A world filled with happiness.

I had no right or claim on him, but one thing was certain; I had a tiny part in his life. Maybe not a lot, but I did mean something to him and I knew that, because he had shown me.

On the other hand, I think he was a huge part of my life when he took care of me when I was at my lowest. I could never stop adoring him for his wonderful traits. And maybe that was it.

The moment I realized and confessed to myself that I liked him. I liked Shivaay.

Because just the thought of him not being in my life, hurt.
_______________________________________

Merry Christmas y'all!

Amna xx