Chapter 7

I lift my head and look at how peacefully Olivia was sleeping in my bed. I, on the other hand, I wasn't that comfortable like she was, standing on the sleeping bag. Despite the deep sleep that Oliva was in, she stood half in the bed half nearly on me so I screamed her name to wake her up.

- Oliviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaa!

She felt in my arms just like I planned to.

- Morning, the sunshine!

Olivia got so scared that her pupils dilated and she wanted to scream but I was on guard and covered her mouth with my hand.

- Shhh, people downstairs will think about other things.

I removed my hand from her mouth and we look at each other for a while. Her eyes had a different sparkle than it used to. I could have done anything to her at that moment, but somehow, I thought how responsible Fulton made me for what was going to happen to her and I didn't let myself ruin everything again. I barely gain her trust, so screwing up wasn't an option. I wanted for that moment to last forever, but in a matter of a second she stood up and gave me her hand.

- I'm sorry that you had to sleep on the floor...

- Hey, it was my choice, right?

- Right...

- Are you ok?

- Yeah... I think so, you?

- Surviving...

- I was wondering... Don't you think that you should call Trish...?

- She's in good hands.

- Aren't you afraid of... him? Not even a little?

- Lukas is not anybody, he is one of my best friends... I trust him. He is not that kind of boy.

- I thought you didn't have friends!

- This sweetheart is a story for another time. Now, let's have breakfast and go to school. Stop looking at me like that. I know what I've promised you, but we can do it after school.

- But I thought we skipping school today... said she with a sad face.

- Easy tiger, there is a time for everything, but, now, school is important!

It was a beautiful Thursday for men's day. Every Thursday men in the house were supposed to cook. It was a tradition from my father. So, to fulfill Olivia's curiosity and joy, me and Bruno prepared breakfast, although Bruno, was very silent, lost in his thoughts. He looked at me for one second.

- She didn't come home last night...

- Please, don' t worry old man, I know where she is, I'm gonna bring her back. I promise.

- I'm counting on you...

Mom came and give Bruno a kiss on his head.

- Don't lose your faith, Trish is a smart girl, she resembles her mother. She will come back, just like Julia did on that day.

- I hope so...

I wanted to turn to Olivia who stayed in the corner of the room sipping her hot chocolate. My mom gave her clothes from the time she was in high school and it was fitting perfect on Olivia. I stared at her for a while cause she was the identical resemblance to my mother.

Meanwhile, Trish was running to catch Zoey.

- Zoey!! Zoey, come back!

- Zaira for you, only friends call me, Zoey. As far as I remember, you are not my friend, tequila, please!