Chapter 3

I led Trish home, without coming inside. I didn't want to face her dad, not since Trish told me he loves my mom. Something tells me that they had a back story from when they were like us and I couldn't stand in front of him with a straight face knowing that. The things I should know... Did Trish knew them when they left, or our parents hide their love story from us both. I don't talk to my mom too often, we never did. Not this personal things, because our relationship was and it's still built on trust and not so much of a chit-chat. I loved my mom, cause I knew she was always there so I did not feel the need to get my nose in her business and neither did her.

I was angry, puzzled and too tempestuous to look for answers at home. I didn't know where should I go so that I will not have to ask any questions. I've decided to spend the night at my favorite bar where I used to sing one time when I was in middle school. Amanda, the bartender, always gave me one or two cigarets and a dose of alcohol disguised in a coke because I did have the legal age to drink or smoke.

- What happened young boy? You look so devastated...

- Give me a normal beer!

- Never dear, you know that I can't do that as long as you are still my younger boy who learn about life. So tell me, sir, what story should we debate tonight?

- I don't feel like talking right now Ami, seriously, give a beer!

- You never feel like it, but I know. It's about family, right?

I was looking at the cigarette pack half empty without making any move. I reprimanded her with my gaze and she brought me a normal beer, then she took a chair and stood beside me with the same gaze.

Ami was the owner of the bar and even though she was very old she was standing on her own feets pretty good. She was seventy years old but she was always faster in mind than me. She always told me stories about her grandchildren and how she was loving me like one of her own's, even when I asked her for illegal things. I knew her since I was a child and she was like a grandma to me, because always knew what to say when I didn't wanna talk to her.

- It looks serious... Just for this time! But, we gonna drink together, and you have to sing a night for this and tell me everything!

- Again with the blackmailing? Things are going well here, doesn't it?

- Pretty well, yeah. How about you and your sad little face?

- It may sound very dramatic, but I think my life is beginning to turn upside down... My family ... that I thought I had it's not like I thought I had...

- What changed?

- A few days ago my mother cried on the phone in the middle of the night. She was talking to Bruno... I thought he was a former lover or something like that, but no! Bruno was Trish's father! You know that girl that I dated when I was in middle school? That girl that always bought Bloody Mary and studying your clients.

- You mean that girl that I always gave her strawberry juice instead of a real Bloody Mary?

- Yup...

- And what is the problem? Cause, darling, I don't get it.

- He loves her Ami! He always loved her! I always felt a closure between them ... maybe that's why my dad never liked Bruno...

- You think you're not your father's son?

- How did you know that this was going through my mind? Ami, I never told you about my family... never!

- Hahahaha, grandma's intuition! Look kiddo, I knew both of your parents and Trish's very well and anything that could or can happen is their business. You are a big boy now so you can understand that if they decided to tell you, that means it's very important to them. Don't let your blind rage to take control and make you lose the only links to a family. You loved your father and him loved you too, even it's or not your biological father.