Chapter 18 || (Y/n)'s Trials Part 1

(Y/n)'s POV 

I had a sickening feeling engulfing my mind. I wanted to throw up. I felt like the world was spinning in circles. 

Then it all stopped. I opened my eyes. I was in a black room. With (f/c) ribbons and banners all over. I started walking around. Then a (f/c) and gold throne appeared before me. In my head I heard a voice:

Sit in it, (Y/n). Sit in the throne, Your throne.

I heard a smaller voice in my head:

Don't do it. You know you shouldn't.

But I ignored that voice. I listened to the bigger voice. The one I felt uneasy about. That was a mistake. Once I sat down on the throne chains wrapped themselves around my wrists. I was chained to the throne. Then a spiral portal appeared in front of me. It was (f/c) and white. 

I struggled against the chains that held me. But the chains would not move. They started to cut into my wrists. Then someone walked out of the portal. It was my mother. I put my guard up. 

She smirked, "Hello dear, long time no see."

I replied coldly, "I was hoping to keep it that way."

"That's no way to speak to your mother. Especially since I can show you something."

She started to walk behind me. The hairs on the back of my neck started to stand up. Then she stood in front of me again. She held up her hand. Then figures appeared before me. As they came closer to me I could tell who they looked like. 

They were an older Link and an older Ganondorf. With the older Link there were a boy and a girl. With the older Ganondorf was a girl. 

"They are your future. You can leave your trials now and be with Link. But if you choose Ganondorf that is your future."

I looked at them. I deep down still liked Link but I was in love with Ganondorf. The kids that were with them would be my future kid(s). 

"All you have to do is leave your trials now and you will live happily with Link."

I heard a voice in my head:

You love Link, go with him. Leave everything behind while you still can.

Then a smaller voice spoke:

You can tell there is something fishy going on here. Link has Kreel and you have Ganondorf. Plus if you leave your trials you will die.

No one told me I would die if I left my trials early but deep down I knew something bad would happen. Then I focused all my energy and power into my sword. I knew my mother was behind something. I looked down at my sword which was engulfed in black flames. Then I imagined it slicing her in the side. Then I heard a scream. 

When I opened my eyes Link and Ganondorf were gone. Then the chains on my wrists were gone as well. While my mother was on her knees. I quickly grabbed my sword and put it to her neck. 

"You may have passed this trial but you won't make it far. Soon you will die. You will suffer. Soon you will pay the price."

I gripped my sword harder and walked to the portal in the room. It was my only option. I walked through it. When I got to another room a heard something. I quickly ran forwards. I turned around and saw I nearly missed a dagger aimed at my head. 

Then I saw something floating on the other side of the room. It was a shard of a mirror. As I tried moving closer to it daggers appeared out of thin air. They were all pointed towards me. I made a run for it. All the daggers in the air tried to hit me. Most of them were very close calls. 

I looked up and saw a dagger falling in front me of. So I jumped up and rolled to the mirror shard. I was about to touch it but then a dagger hit my angle. It stung and I screamed but I powered through it. And I touched the mirror shard. 

I felt a cold wind blowing in my face. Then I opened my eyes and I was in a different room. But this time I was met with someone familiar. My father.

He said, "I'm so glad you made it this far."

"Did you know Mother was going to be in here?"

"No, I had no idea. But she was here. I saw how she tried to kill you. Let me explain, if you leave your trials now you would die."

"Father, what is this for?" I held up the mirror shard.

"Once you collect all of those shards you can return to your body without dying. It's your way back home. Here is a shard from me and a shard from the first room you were in."

He put his hand in mine then dropped something in it. Then he disappeared. I looked in my hands. I had 3 shards. 

I then walked to a portal I found in the room. In the room was an abyss of water. Floating on the surface was a mirror shard. I thought:

This seems too easy.

I walked up to the water. Gripping my sword tightly I reached out for the mirror shard. I grabbed it then I saw something with fangs emerge from the water. I held my sword up as the fanged creature tried to eat my hand. My sword impaled the monster through the top of its mouth. With the creature gone I ran off to the portal that just appeared.