Chapter 24 - Battle Against Misery

Uriad takes off running in a strong gallop, and single flap of its mighty wings of fire, the two of them lift up off the ground and fly into the air. Uriad continues to flap its wings, and they soar up into the air at great speed. Only seconds pass for them to scale the mountain and fly back up to the temple ruins. As they ascend, Ramiro realizes that both Uriad and he travel unnoticed as the gods seem to be chattering amongst themselves.

He overhears Urusaiin address Cazzayus, "Father, the Champion of Order should be of no further concern to us. He is weak... no match for the combined might of the Supreme Six. His god is weak... and nothing more than a distant memory. Let us focus on rebuilding the Temple of Misery and selecting a new high priest to lead your will upon the earth."

As the God of Panic speaks, Ramiro and Uriad make their way closer to the five gods standing before Cazzayus. Taking this moment to his advantage, Ramiro readies his sword and calls out to his friend, "Uriad, it is convenient for that the five gods stand in a row. I think it is about time that we cut these giants down to size."

With those words, an aura of flame grows around the Sword of Meirotzia. As they near the gods, Uriad brings in its wings like an eagle bringing in its wings for a rapid descent. They come up on Urusaiin first, and the God of Panic is the first to feel the touch of the sword's blade.

The Conqueror slashes at the side of Urusaiin's left leg, drawing blood from the giant. Uriad spirals upward, and Ramiro follows up with a slash across Urusaiin's chest, also drawing blood. Urusaiin is barely fast enough to react as the two zip in the air towards their next victim.

Approaching from her front, Ramiro slashes at the left arm of Ishkamesh, leaving a bloody wound across her forearm. The two maneuver through the air space between the back of the goddess and her cape of feather, using the Goddess of Fear's cape for cover. In the blink of an eye, they emerge from the shroud of her cape of and head straight towards the left side of Hazrasura.

Ramiro can see the exposed skin covering the left side of the god's rib cage. The Conqueror takes the Sword of Meirotzia and strikes the air with a strong jab in front of him and sends an energy blade projection straight into the side of the God of Calamity. Blood then begins to pour slightly from the wound.

They immediately take a dive, and Uriad dashes in between the massive legs of the gladiator giant. They quickly rise back up towards Kehmet standing on the right side of Hazrasura. Uriad stays at the level of the Goddess of Defiance's knees, and Ramiro is able to slash at the exposed skin of both her thighs, leaving bloody wounds on both legs.

Quickly, they bolt towards Ikolas, but being the last in the line to be attacked, the God of Shame has been able to sense Ramiro's attack. Just in the nick of time, the fifth god summons a bit of magic and raises a shield made of glowing blue light and lightning. Seeing this, Ramiro unleashes a heavy sword slash in the air, sending a blade projection sweeping in the air at Ikolas. Uriad changes its trajectory and makes a spiraling maneuver up to avoid crashing into the god's shield.

The energy blade strike of Ramiro is strong and strikes heavy the last-minute shield of the God of Shame. The blade projection knocks Ikolas off balance and actually forces the god to fall onto the stone floor of the temple ruins.

Ramiro and Uriad spiral upwards into the air to get out of the immediate striking distance of the five gods. Ramiro can hear the gods releasing cries of pain from the attacks. They reach an altitude about the height of Cazzayus, and Ramiro pulls on the reins of the horse to signal to Uriad to maintain position where they are. They look over the five gods, and the can see them all either kneeling on the ground or gripping the wounded body part due to Ramiro and Uriad's combined attack.