Chapter 6

Once in the car Gabbie grabs Bella's hand and smiles weakly at the girl. "It's gonna be fine, Bella. Trust me, I've been through so many of these situations you'd be surprised."

"And how many people have you lost?" questions Bella curiously and Gabbie swallows the lump in her throat.

"No one at all." she lies through her teeth perfectly. "We all got through it, no problem."

"Then why are you here."

"These witches who were turned into vampires took over Mystic Falls we all had to evacuate. I choose to leave entirely while my family just moved outside Mystic Falls."

"Why'd you move?" the question comes from Jasper.

"Someone really dear to me decided to desecrate instead of live 60 years without Elena."

"Desecrate?" questions Alice.

"You know, when you don't drink blood for a long time."

"That doesn't happen." Alice says and Gabbie scrunches her eyebrows in confusion.

"That doesn't make sense, maybe you're another type of vampire. I mean there's different types of witches and some different covens."

"Perhaps." Is the response from the two vampires. Bella's head somehow made its way to Gabbie's shoulder and she leans her head against Bella's.

"How did you know the tracker would take the bait?"

"Some Vampires have gifts." Bella says quietly and Alice nods.

"I can see the future, Edward can read minds and Jazz is an empath."

"Did you see me coming? Did you see this happening."

"She saw my mate." speaks Jasper. "She saw her using magic on someone. We didn't know it was you until you attack Laurent."

"I'm your mate?" a shocked Gabbie asks and she sees Jasper nod. For some reason she's okay with being this stranger's mate because now she finally belongs somewhere. She feels her eyes begin to droop and exhaustion pull at her with rough fingers.

"Got to bed, Gabrielle." coaxes Jasper softly. "We'll wake you up when we get to the hotel."

"It's Gabbie." She yawns before her eyes slide shut and she falls asleep.

She's running down the street heart racing. She needs to get there before it's too late. Please dear god let her get there in time. She skids to a stop in front of a building before running in. Racing past the lobby she gets to a room full of mirrors. Seeing the tracker on Bella she quickly throws out her hand.

"Motus!" screams the witch and James is thrown into the mirrors, shattering them. "Phasmatos Morsinus Pyrox Allum." James staggers in pain but gives a sadistic smiling before he's racing towards the young witch. With a great leap he-

"Gabbie!" yells Bella finally waking up the sleeping girl. "You were moving in your sleep and Jasper said you were scared."

"Yeah, sorry for disturbing you Jaz."

"It's no problem, Gabbie." he turns his next question to Bella. "Which way to the airport, Bella?" Jasper asks, and Gabbie sees Bella flinch, though his voice was quite soft and unalarming.

"Stay on the I-ten," she answers automatically. "We'll pass right by it."

"Are we flying somewhere?" Gabbie asks Alice.

"No, but it's better to be close, just in case."

Gabbie glances to her right and sees Bella's tear streaked face, hands fidgeting. Gabbie grabs the other human's hands and gives her a small reassuring smile. Bella looks at her gratefully and lays her head on the taller girl's shoulder, falling asleep almost instantly. Gabbie looks out her window, biting her lip in nervousness.