New Model

Evan Fong, the best damn model you'd ever meet. He's also the best damn musician. Evan is in his late twenties, it's time to put the video games away. His 30th birthday was coming up in May, he had to do something else for a living. His clown friend was 34 years old and he still plays video games, but something deep down in Evan wanted to change. 

On his Instagram for his music account, he loved getting his picture taken, and they'd usually come out well. Would an actual photographer like the way he looks, dresses, and poses? In Los Angeles, you could find paparazzi everywhere, but to find a silent photographer you had to search online and find the address to one of the biggest buildings in L.A. 

Evan found a man who was interested in a male model for his portfolio. All Evan had to do was show up, sign a model release form and take a few sample photos to see how much the photographer liked him. 

Evan was actually on his way to his studio right now. 

The owl walked down the street humming to the tune he was listening to on his phone; careless of the people staring at him while passing by. The building's name was "Future Industries", which was basically a big place full of empty studios for people in the creative arts to start up businesses. For example; an author setting up a desk area for her writing and a thinking space, or a musician like Evan himself setting up a computer to edit and a microphone and such. 

The place must have been very famous; there was a ton of security. It was like going to the airport and getting checked out, just not as bad. 

Evan walks past the guards without any trouble and towards a desk with a petit lady sitting at it. She was currently on the phone with someone else. Evan waits patiently for his turn to speak. His mind wandered while he waited. He was surprisingly not as nervous as he thought. Evan usually disliked meeting people; new people anyway. He wondered what the man looked like. Was he old? Young? What color hair did he have? Was he fit? Was he married? 

"Excuse me? Sir?" Evan's image disappears when the lady grabs his attention. "Yeah! I'm here to meet a Mr. Jonathan Dennis." The lady smiles, "You must be so lucky. Are you Evan?" 

"Uh, yes." 

"Can I see your ID?"The lady looks over her glasses and glares at Evan. He nervously digs in his jeans for the cliche black wallet. Evan pulls out the cringe-worthy license of his; the lady taking the picture obviously didn't know when a person wasn't ready for a photo. 

The woman at the front desk looks at the flimsy card and hands it back to Evan. She nods and gestures towards the elevator, "Mr. Dennis is on floor number 20." 

"Thank you." Evan nods in respect and walks into the elevator. Evan is glad he didn't have to wait a long time. He thought many people would kill for this opportunity. There are tons of people in L.A who would actually send the mafia after you if there was competition. 

The elevator is very quiet, except for the humming elevator music. He taps his foot lightly with it. The elevator beeps every time it passes another floor; Evan's currently on floor 15. This is when his nerves kick in. He doesn't even know this guy, what if he's a killer? Evan laughs at his stupid thoughts. He ignores the small feeling in his gut and waits for the elevator to beep on more time. 

"My name is Evan Fong and I am interested in being your model." Evan shakes his head, "No, I sound like I'm trying to get into his pants." The Asian's cheeks turn red at the thought of being with someone he just met and was probably older than him. 

The elevator finally beeps and the doors open. On each floor there is one whole studio, some of them even live in their own studio. Evan takes a deep breath and walks into the small hallway leading into another room. Evan knocks on the black door. The door has Dennis carved in it with golden letters. The door slowly opens by itself. "Come in!" A voice says from far away. 

"Hello, I'm-"

"Evan! Yes! Welcome!" A tall man comes out from behind a wall. His hair is a dark brown and is forced up one side from him running his fingers through it. His ears are pierced on both sides, and his eyes are a gray-blue color. He is thin, but the midnight blue blazer he was wearing made him look a little broad. He was wearing the tightest skinny jeans in the world, and Evan noticed this right away. 

"Uh, hello." Evan sticks out his hand for Jonathan to shake, Jonathan takes it and holds his hand for a good minute. 

"So, Evan, what do you do for a living?" Jonathan sits down in a vintage leather chair and gestures for a chair across from him. 

"Do you like Mountain Dew?" Jonathan stands up right as Evan sits down. 

"Yeah, I guess."

"Ice?"

"Sure. Thanks." 

Jonathan pours ice from a frozen tray into a class Coco Cola glass, two of them actually, and pours the green drink in both of them. He quickly sets them down on the coffee table between the two men. Jonathan sits and gets comfortable. 

"So, back to you, what do you do for a living?"

"Well, I make music."

"Yes, aren't you Rynx?"

"Uh," Evan shakes his head in surprise; he's shook, "yeah, I am."

"Sweet, fucking love your music." Jonathan smiles and takes a swig of his drink.  He looks at Evan and clears his throat, "Anything else?" 

"Well, I used to play video games."

"Used to? What happened?" 

"Well, I'm 29 years old and I wanted to do something different."

"Ah, I did the same thing, but I still talk to my friends and I barely have time to play anymore." 

"Yeah, same with me. That's why I wanted to model for you." 

"Well I'm glad you did." A silence rises between them and Jonathan stands up, "Welp, thanks for coming. Now there's just one more thing for you to do."

"Yes?" I stand up and follow him his little office. He grabs a piece of paper and hands it to me. He also hands me a blue ink pen. "Here, sign here and here, and fill out the info here." He points at different parts of the page. 

"Wait is this...?"

"Yes Evan," Jonathan stares at Evan, he watches the glowing smile go across his face, "I want you to be my model." 

*** 

I am going to try to juggle both this story and Switched. I wanna see how well I can do trying to write two books at once, and what the outcome of each story is. Please bear with me if updates are slow. 

I just fucking love this story idea. 

- H.C