Break

After the motorcycle shoot, Jonathan offers Evan to take a ride with him, but Evan declines and says he needs to go home. Evan grabs his original clothing and leaves the studio as fast as he can. Jonathan stops him on the elevator, "Evan, what's wrong?" The pale hand of the older man wraps around the tan wrist of the younger man. The brown eyes creep up the older man's arm. Their eyes lock and Evan heavily sighs, "I... have a cat to take care of." Lies pour out of the Asian's mouth. Jonathan lets him go and nods in understanding, "See ya tomorrow then." A half fake smile crawls onto Jonathan's lips. He didn't know if Evan was telling the truth. Did he really have a cat? Or was he trying to get away from Jonathan, was he being too friendly with Evan?

Evan marches home in the heavy rain, soft music coming from his earbuds. He didn't bother to change out of the clothing Jonathan made him wear. He carries his own clothing and tries to keep it dry, but fails when a car drives through a deep puddle. Evan frowns and quickly crosses the street. A bright sign reflects in the puddles of rain. He looks up at a little pet shop across the road. He smiles at the little kittens playing in the window and the birds hopping around in their cages. Evan's cat, Binx, died two years ago. The owl misses his little black cat. He'd always wrap around his legs while he'd play video games, and he always slept with Evan. After he moved out of his parents Binx kept him company. He was a stray cat who wandered in the alleyway of his apartment building.

Maybe for his 29th birthday, he would get himself another cat, or some type of animal. Evan laughs at his next thought, "Maybe I could get an owl." That would be very expensive and it would take a lot of responsibility. He has to think of something soon. It was April 29th, his birthday was coming up in the next month. He wonders when Jonathan's birthday is. Maybe May 2nd? But that's Delirious's birthday. Would that be too much of a coincidence for Evan?

At the studio of Mr. Dennis, the blue-eyed man lay on his bed feeling the silk blanket of his. It had a light smell of patchouli and vanilla. Jonathan never realized how nice Evan smelled. A frown crosses his face. Why did Evan leave? Did Jonathan do something wrong, and what? He sighs and it echoes throughout his seldom empty studio.

The apartment is super dark when Evan arrives and it smells a little funky. While reaching for the switch to the lamp he trips. Something slides across his skin, cutting his forearm open. He winces at the sudden pain. He staggers up and flicks the switch. His apartment is a pigsty; the couch is flipped, the T.V stand is broken and the T.V is gone. He runs back to his gaming room and everything is missing. Evan can't move his feet. He pulls out his phone and calls Jonathan. Luckily he gave him his number for work purposes. The phone rings while Evan tries to clean up things. Finally, the soft voice sounds through the phone, "Hello? Evan?"

"Jonathan." Evan smiles.

"Are you okay?"

"Someone broke into my house and took everything," Evan embarrassingly sobs into the phone. On the other line Jonathan grabs a few things and rushes out his door, "I'm on my way." Evan gives him his street address and hangs up. The sad owl sits on the floor of his gaming room with his head in his hands.

Jonathan's bike hasn't moved this fast in a long time. He's leaning up against the front of the bike. His pale hands are tight around the black handlebars. "I'm coming Evan," he mumbles.

Evan hears a loud motor from the broken window in his gaming room. He finally stands and peeks out the window, but is careful of the broken glass. He spots the blue motorcycle, just an hour ago he was sitting on.

Jonathan looks for room number 2 on floor 3. The first door in the hallway has a golden "1" written on it. Jonathan moves on to the next door, which isn't closed. He softly pushes the door open. "Evan?" Jonathan starts stepping through the obstacles in the apartment.

Evan steps out of his gaming room and bumps right into the owner of the blue bike. Evan takes a step back and looks up at Jonathan, "Thanks for coming."

"So, what do you want to do?"

"Honestly-" Jonathan stops Evan mid-sentence, "Wait! Where's your cat?" Evan frowns at the older man's question.

"Jonathan?" Evan steps closer to him again, breathing in the smell of lavender and vanilla. "Yes?" Jonathan answers.

"I have a lot of explaining to do." Evan sighs and grabs the attention of Jonathan. Jonathan thinks of his answer for a moment. He smiles and says, "Let's get your place cleaned up first. Then we can continue on with this story." Evan smiles at Jonathan's warming voice, and for his help.

"Got any music?" Jonathan looks around for anything that was able to play music. He realizes that every electronic was probably taken away. Jonathan notices Evan's awkward frowning. He pulls out his phone and pulls out a portable speaker from his little satchel bag. The brown eyes light up when classic rock music fills the small apartment. The two instantly start cleaning while singing to the cheesy 80s songs.

A bond grew stronger between the two. Even though the bond has been there long before they even met face to face. The same little thoughts flow through their minds. Evan thinking about selling all his stuff and his apartment and just moving in with Jonathan. Jonathan loving the thought of having Evan live with him. Maybe the robbery was the universe pulling them together again.

***

A seldom short chapter.

I have my first jazz competition today!

- H.C