chapter 6

soul and maka lay in there bed sleeping peacefully as tsubaki came rushing in. the sound of the door slamming shut awoke both of them. "what do you want?" maka asked as soul look to her with hatred. "there is an assassin here and he wont leave until he gets you two." she told them frantically. soul and maka look to each other and back to the girl still standing at the door.  " I'll deal with him just get every one to safety." soul told her. tsubaki smiled and left. getting up and finding a change of clothes he walked out and to the front door. walking out he met an angry kid. " wow soul your hiding with the thieves, thats low." he told him. "wait your calling me low? what about you? your trying to kill me but wont because spirit will kill you for hurting his daughter." soul said this angered kid. soul saw this and began to taunt him. " you wouldnt want to lose your chance to be head of the family now would you?" he asked in a teasing voice. kid pulled his dagger and lunged for soul. soul moved aside and easily pinned him to the wall and, gain leverage by pulling his arm with the dagger behind his back. " listen kid, your not taking maka from me. if she wants to go back then i cant stop her, but until then leave and remember i was raised to kill, unlike you. im not killing you for makas sake." soul told him. kid tried with all his might to get out but soul just pushed his arm farther up his back. an idea sparked in kids head as soul was pulling his arm up. he dropped the blade and with the other hand caught it. "thats why im stronger than you. i dont have a weakness."  he stabbed it into souls gut and easily moved. souls hands moved to his now bleeding stomach. kid kicked soul into the lake below and laughed while doing it. " well soul have a nice swim. maka will now cut that connection." he told him self.  soul used all the strength he had to make a portal and ended up in the room where he left maka. maka felt the pain but wasnt dealing with what soul was. maka went to soul who laid on the floor bleeding out. she rested his head on her lap. for some reason she didnt feel the pain as much. soul looks to her weakly and tries to smile. " maka, i love you." soul told her as she started to cry. soul closed his eyes and the pain in her gut left, but not the pain in her heart. she hugged him to her as she cried.  "i love you too soul." she told his lifeless body. standing up she almost fell if tsubaki wasnt there. " i will kill kid for what he did." maka told her. she ran out of the room and down the hall that lead out of the place all together. standing out side she looks around and spots kid with ease. run towards him she tackles him to the ground. pinning him down she takes a dagger that he had dropped and tries to shove it in his neck but he is easily stopping her. "this couldnt have worked better." he said smiling. she looks at him confused but when she stops hearing people she soon gets it. maka looks up and finds she is in the room where she met her father.  she got off kid and walked to the door but found she was unable to open it. "face it maka i won and soul lost." dont you ever say his name!" maka shouts suddenly bursting into flames. " i thought this was souls power? how am i using it if hes dead?" she asked her self. "soul must have given you all his power before he died then." kid says " i said not to his name!" raising her hands towards him the flames following. kid moves and spirit walks in. "whoa whats going on? why is she on fire?" he asks them " i pissed her off." kid replies. spirit nod and turns towards them. " well lets get down to business. now that soul is dead and kid is going to lead the family when i die, maka your going to marry kid." he told her flatly " i will do no such thing." she tells them and the flames around her get bigger. "yes you will." spirit told her with aggression in his voice. " no he killed soul. i would rather die then be with him."  " to bad you're marrying kid and you guys with lead the guild. soul would have lead the guild if he didnt run and betray the guild. soul had to die there was no other option." spirit said and kid started to laugh. maka let out a scream and the room was filled with flames. burning everything that was in the the room. everything turned to ash. turning to the door she couldnt open before she shot a fireball at it and took it down. marching through the halls till she found some one.  the poor man she found was scared to no end. she grabbed the pink haired boy by the collar and began to speak. "spirit and kid are both dead. now if you will go tell everyone i run things around her now." she dropped the boy and he ran off. maka suddenly fell to her knees and began to cry. she had no clue what she was going to do. the pink haired boy came back the maka. he bent down to be level with her. "miss they want to meet you in the food hall. may i take you there. " maka nodded and followed the boy. she whipped her tears away as she walked , still seeing souls lifeless body in her arms. reaching the dinning hall she took a deep breathe before entering. maka knew she need to be clam to stand in front of them. entering the room she saw all the faces of the people that worked here. " as your new leader i have a request, who know where the thieves are?" she asked the crowd and arms flew up. " good now who can take me there?"she asked and some hands went down.  maka scanned the crowd till her eyes came across a blue haired boy. "you there with the blue hair." she said. "yes, the names blackstar " he yells as he makes his way to the front. " i really dont care take me to the thieves. oh and the pink haired kid is in charge." blackstar put his hand on makas shoulder as they where transported to the thieves guild. "good you may leave." maka told blackstar and he left muttering something about taking his spotlight back. maka shook her head  and opened the door. she walked straight to see souls body. trying her hardest not to cry while getting closer to where she left him. when she opened the door she found soul was on the bed and not the floor. taking a deep breathe she walked over to look at him. with every step she hoped that she was hallucinating. soul didnt die, he closed his eyes because he need to rest and she was jumping to conclusions. but sadly that was not the case. she knelt by the bed side and grasped his hand laying her head on the bed she cried. she cried and couldnt stop.tsubaki came in with two blondes and they escorted her out of the room. she didnt want to leave him, but she had to. she had to go back to the guild she now ran. she had to fine the person who wanted her dead and kill them. she had things she need to do and she could not do it crying by the side of a dead body. taking a deep breathe and closing her eyes she was back with her guild. she went to the room she stayed in while she slept here and sat on the bed. know she would not forget soul and could never thank him enough she started to work on a plan to find the man soul saved her from in the first place. it was time to take action and she wasnt going to waste the life soul granted her. she will do all she could to remember soul.

epiloge

9 months after souls death maka gave birth to twins, one boy one girl. she named the boy soul and the girl aspen. maka told the kids about there father and how much he would have loved them. maka told them the story of how her and soul went on this adventure. her kids where taught not only to be an assassin but to also care about life and what it has to offer.

i might do an alternate ending chaper but for now this is how it ends, but if you want the other chapter tell me and i will post one. good bye for now and i hoped you guys liked the story please comment if you do and if you didnt comment on what you think i should have done diffrently, but be nice about it.