Chapter 1: Encounter

"Shit! You have got to be kidding me?".Alucard swore under his breath as he saw his room in a huge mess. Torn paper, color pencils, books was scattered everywhere. There were numerous scratches in his cushion and pillows. In the middle of his curtain, there was a large hole. His watering paints spilt all over the floor.

"What happened?". He asked himself while stepping into his room, almost mistaking it with a battlefield. The only things that help him differ his room to the arena was that there were no corpses and blood.

"Was there a burglary?". He thought and diverted his gaze to the window. It was wide-opened.

"Shit, I forgot to lock it". He ran to the window to check on it. No, the window fence was still intact. The thief must have a very small body to fit in the hole between those fences. Beside,...

Alucard ran to his desk and searched in its drawers. His phone and laptop was still there.

"No, it couldn't be a burglary." He concluded. "So what happened?"

He was about to call his sister when he spot something was moving under the cushion. Careful as much as possible, Alucard approached and used his hand to move the cushion out...

Only to find two cats staring back at him.

They were Layla's cats.

"What are you doing here?". He was dumbfounded. "And how did you get in here?"

Ah,... maybe he left the door unlocked so the cats sneaked in.

That makes sense.

Then suddenly, his mind started to comprehend what happened. These cats intruded his room and turned it into their playground. Those scratches, the hole in his curtain, those scattered paper,...all were jigsaws that fit perfectly. The truth was right under his nose.

The more Alucard thought, the more his blood boiling. Yet the cats seemed not to know anything. They stared at him with unbashful eyes and made cutie faces.

"Meow..."

Without a second thought, Alucard lifted his hand to grab at those cats, but one managed to run away. Still, he grabbed one cat by its neck.

"LAYLA..." he growled and strormed out of his room.

As he walked pass the livingroom to get out of the house, he saw Layla sitting at the table, eating some snacks.

"Oh, hi brother. Didn't expect you to come home this early. Want some snacks?". She asked and gave him the bowl full of chips that she was eating.

Alucard didn't answer, he kept glaring at her.

"What's wrong, brother?". Layla stopped eating. "Hey, what is it in your hand?"

"This...". Alucard lifted his hand to show her her beloved kitty. "Oh, I was about to return it to where it belongs." Then he walked out of the room, didn't care to elaborate further.

Layla immediately followed him. She started to feel scared.

"And where is that place?". She panicked.

"The dumpyard". He answer while resuming his pace.

Layla felt her heart skip a beat. Alucard seemed very serious, and when he decides to do something, he will finish it no matter what.

"NO, you can't do that." She screamed. "That kitty is mine."

"Well tell that to your cat, and maybe you should learn how to teach your cat properly before even consider to have one." Alucard bitterly said.