Chapter 5

Davis' father walked,well stumbled into his room.

"Where is my dinner, you useless piece of shit!" He spat venomously.

Davis cowered away slightly, "It's in the microwave for you...It should still be warm" he said hoping it was the correct answer.

"You better hope it is! Or it's your ass!" He slurred as he turned to leave, slamming Davis's door and making him jump.

He breathed a sigh of relief, then he remembered Tai was in the closet.!

"How am I gonna explain this one away?!" He thought.

"I might as well just tell him, he probably already thins I'm weak anyway for not standing up to that asshole."

Davis sighed dejectedly and walked over to the closet.

He opened the door and Tai stepped out.

He couldn't bring himself to look him in the eyes.

He looked everywhere else, he played with his feet, bit his lip and pivoted a little.

"Davis..." Tai breathed.

The younger boy jumped a little at the sound of his name. "Ye..yeah?" He managed, still not looking up.

"That's not as bad as it gets...is it Dai?" he asked softly, keeping his voice low so Davis' dad wouldn't hear.

Davis visibly flinched at the thought.

All he could manage was to shkae his head.

"Let me see" Tai requested gently.

Davis nodded and pulled off his shirt and turned so Tai could see his back.

Tai reached to touch his back and Davis instinctively pulled away.

"Oh davis..." Tai said sadly.

"I now...I'm weak" Davis said sadly, still not meeting Tai's gaze.

He saw Tai reach to touch his back again.

He made himself not flinch away.

Tai ran his fingertips across the scars.

He made it to the newest one and he felt Davis flinch and hiss a little bit.

Davis heard his dad move around some more.

"You better go Tai." He insisted, pleading with his eyes.

Tai nodded. "How do I get out of here?" He whispered urgently.

Davis pointed toward the window.

Both boys headed for the window.

With Tai still hanging half way in his window, half out on the lattice work.

He leaned up and brushed a kiss across Davis' cheek.

Davis gasped a little and placed his hand over where Tai had just kissed.

He looked at Tai lopsided as if to say "Why?".

Tai stated simply "Because you're the bravest person I now".

Davis blushed and without another word Tai was all the way down and out of the yard.

Davis sighed happily and went and laid across his bed.

Then he heard a booming voice from downstairs "This disgusting shit is cold! I told you It'd be your ass!" Davis flinched.

He new he was about to get it, but nothing could dampen his mood right now, not even his dad.

~TAI~

Tai ran down the street towards his apartment.

There was a mix of emotion in his eyes.

The pain and sadness he felt for Davis, the anger and hatred he felt for Davis' father, and the Love for the other spiky haired boy.

He WOULD help Davis.

"I won't let you down, Davis. Just hang in there a little longer." He thought to himself as he entered his apartment.

"Mom...are you up? We need to talk" Tai called to her as he too his shoes of.
-END-
Oaky so go easy, it''s been a while. Constructive criticism is welcome! Review!