Chapter Eight: First Date

"Aaaaaaggggggghhhhhh!" I groaned loudly as I threw yet another shirt in the pile of clothes that sat on my bed.

"Kenna! The girls are back!" I heard my mom yell from the living room.

"Okay!" I yell back from my room and continue sifting through my closet looking for an outfit. I pulled a pair of high waisted jeans and threw them on my bed. I sat down cross-legged on my bed and waited for Izzy and Sam.

'Why is this so hard?! It's not like it's a real date.' A little voice said in my head.

'Except for anyone that sees it, it is real. To your friends, it is real.' A different voice said in a condescending tone. As the two voices continued arguing in my head, Izzy and Sam walked through the door and stared at the closet vomit around my room.

"Wow." Izzy breathed.

"I have nothing to wear." I groaned and looked around. They both stared at me and raised an eyebrow. "Okay, so I have stuff to wear." They laughed and sat down.

"Well, we have this rule that we've used since we went on our first dates." Sam said as she sank into the bean bag.

"Tell me!" I said and jumped up.

"Okay so start with the venue. Where is he taking you?"

"Five Guys. It's a burger place, right?" I asked and stared at the clothes.

"Yea, it is. So, casual. Okay, so you can eliminate everything fancy. Dresses, probably maxi skirts." Izzy said and got up, walking to the pile and sorting out the dresses and maxis and hung them back up.

"Okay, now he said two, right? So it'll be sunny and hot. So eliminate heavy materials." Sam explained as Izzy hung up sweaters, sweats, and anything that would attract heat.

"See that narrowed it down a ton. Okay, so now, what three colors look best on you?"

"Um, usually kind of darker colors. Let's go with maroon, dark blue, and gray." I said and stared at the clothes. Izzy nodded and hung up everything that wasn't those colors.

"Okay. Cool. So which one of these choices do you like best?" Izzy said, holding up the few choices I had to pick from. I debated and finally decided on a maroon crop top that had the word love written in gold on the chest. Izzy nodded and put the rest back in the closet.

"So, jeans or shorts?" I asked and looked at them both.

"Depends. When did you last shave??" Sam asked with a laugh.

I laughed and smiled. "Uh. It honestly has been a few days." I admitted.

We all looked at each other and said at the same time, "Jeans." We all laughed and went back to jeans. I picked up a pair of light blue jeans that weren't exactly high waisted but also weren't too low on my hips. I walked to my bathroom and changed. As I came back out, the girls were on their phones but they looked up and smiled approvingly.

I smiled and sat down at my vanity. "I was thinking I would just do my normal makeup that I do everyday, that way I don't take forever." I suggested. They nodded and started talking about some girl at school that was supposedly going out with some other guy. I started on my makeup. It was very minimal. Some powder here, some blush there. Within 10 minutes my entire face was finished with just the right amount of browns and golds that complemented my eyes and skin well.

I looked down at my phone and noticed a text from Mitchell.

M: Hey, so I know we had the plan today but I'm kind of stuck with my younger siblings...