Chapter Three: Overboard

"Okay, okay! Sam stop!" I choked out between laughs. We were currently sitting at a lunch table with Izzy, and Samantha was pelting me with her french fries. She held one up, ready to throw it.

"Take it back, Gardiner, now!" She yelled, holding back a giggle.

"Fine I take it back. You were right, I was wrong. Backstreet Boys are better than N'Sync." I groaned, feigning defeat. Sam smiled, looking triumphant. As she went to put a fry into her mouth, I suddenly stood up, getting ready to run.

"Not!" I yelled as I took off running down the cafeteria, laughing. Behind me, I could hear Sam yelling at me but I couldn't tell what she was saying. I turned around and bumped into a tall, dark haired boy that looked strikingly familiar.

"Woah, you okay?" He asked holding my arms gently, keeping me on my feet.

"Oh yea. Sorry." I said, catching my breath. I looked behind him and saw Elliot, the boy from the hall and the boy from my study hall that was watching me. I felt a blush creep up to my cheeks as he watched me curiously. I pulled my ponytail tighter on my head, nervously and heard shouts behind me.

"Kenna! Come back! She forgives you." Izzy yelled with a laugh. I looked behind me and smiled.

"Well sorry for nearly bumping into you." I apologized before turning and heading back to the girls. I sat back in my seat and laughed. We heard footsteps approaching and turned our heads. The boys that I had just encountered were walking our way. The one boy's gaze was still locked on me.

"What do you want, Alex?" Izzy asked, taking a sip of her drink and leaning back in her seat.

"Geez, can't I come over and tell my twin how much I love her?" The boy, who I assume is Alex, said taking a seat next to Izzy and draped his arm around her shoulder.

Izzy shrugged his arm off her and crossed her arms. She gave him a sideways glance. "No you can not just randomly tell me you love me. What do you want?"

"Absolutely nothing." He said looking hurt.

Izzy looked taken back.

"Oh, sorry Alex. I love you too." She said with a smile. Alex smiled back and leaned over and kissed her forehead. Izzy groaned and wiped her forehead with the back of her hand. Sam and I laughed out loud and got an intense glare from Izzy. Alex got up and walked away with the boy that was watching me. They immediately started whispering about something or another. Suddenly, they stopped walking and looked around them. They turned around and looked back at us.

"Elliot! Stop flirting and come on!" Alex shouted. Elliot's head snapped in their direction. He looked back at the girl that he was talking to and winked, then walked away. The girl immediately started giggling.

Sam and Izzy started talking about something as I watched the boys walk away, my eyes never leaving the boy that was watching me.

"Hey guys," I interrupted. They stopped their conversation and looked at me. "Who was that guy with your brother and Elliot?"

"Oh you mean the guy that never stopped staring at you?" Sam said with a giggle. I nodded shyly.

Izzy smacked Sam's arm lightly. "Oh stop making fun of her. I'm surprised more guys aren't staring at you Kenna. You're gorgeous." Izzy said looking at me with a smile. Sam nodded in agreement as I sent a smile their way and waited patiently.

"Anyways, his name is Mitchell. He's chill. Him, Elliot and my brother have been friends since I can remember. He's cool. Except he doesn't talk much, except to Alex or Eli. He's a guitar player. But also a girl player. He definitely likes his girls." Izzy said giggling and wiggled her eyebrows. I nodded and looked behind me. The boys were still in the cafeteria, but Mitchell got a phone call, had a small conversation with the other guys, and ran out. I sighed and turned back just as the bell rang. I got up and threw away my tray.