Chapter Five: The Favor

"You guys don't have to come over tonight. I know my mom seemed alittle.. Extra." I said slightly embarrassed.

"Are you kidding? Of course we're coming over. It'll be fun. Plus those brownies smelled amazing!" Sam said, basically drooling.

Izzy pointed at her mouth. "Hey Sam, you got alittle something, just there," she said, stifling a giggle. Sam reached up and wiped at the corner of her mouth.

"Oh sick!" I laughed out loud.

"So what kind of movie marathon do we want to have? We could do a Nicholas Sparks marathon, Harry Potter, or Channing Tatum?" Izzy asked curiously.

"I vote for all three." Sam said, letting her eyes roam the field. I just sat there, open mouthed.

"You okay Kenna?" Izzy asked concerned.

"I just didn't peg you guys for Potter fans." I said incredulously.

"Oh totally. What's not to love?" Sam said reaching over and closing my mouth. I laughed.

"Well I agree with Sam. All three." I said turning back to the game. I had no idea what was happening but I pretended that I did.

"Do you realize that Mitchell hasn't taken his eyes off of you, this entire game?" Sam asked me while adjusting the blanket that was draped across our laps. I chanced a look at Mitchell, and sure enough, his eyes refused to leave me. I blushed and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"What's his story, anyhow?" I asked looking between Izzy and Sam who were to my left and right respectively.

"There's not much to tell really, mostly because we don't even know much ourselves." Izzy said, her intense stare moving across the field, watching her twin.

I nodded slowly, not sure what to say. Why was he watching me so much?

"I do know that he doesn't talk much, has his two best friends and no one else, he doesn't really date, he has two younger siblings, plays guitar and likes being popular even though he won't admit that he is popular. And I only know those things because of Alex." Izzy said, finally turning her gaze from the field. Now that Izzy had said something, I looked around the stands and noticed that, in fact, alot of the girls were looking in Mitchell and Eli's direction, but Mitchell didn't seem to notice. The announcer called that it was tied at halftime and the team ran off field. The stands started thinning as people went to the concessions. I stood up and turned towards the others.

"I'm gonna go get me a hot chocolate. Do you want anything?" I asked, grabbing my purse. Sam reached down and grabbed some money from her purse.

"Can you get me some hot chocolate too, please?" She asked handing me the money. I nodded and grabbed it.

"Izzy?" I asked looking down at her.

"Huh? Oh, um, I'll come with you. I want to check up with Alex anyways. Make sure he's drinking water." She said, sounding like an overprotective mom. She grabbed her phone and stood up.

"Fine! Leave me. I don't care." Sam said dramatically, throwing her hand against her forehead. Izzy and I just looked at each other and burst out laughing. We walked down the steps and past Mitchell and Elliot. I could feel Mitchell's gaze on my back as we walked away. Izzy and I linked arms and talked about random crap. We got in line and continued talking about different things.

"So do you play any sports?" Izzy asked looking at the menu.

"Well I dance. Does that count?" I said nervously.

"No way! Sam and I dance too. Have you signed with a new studio since you moved? Also, of course it's a sport. I've broken six bones since I was 5." She asked bouncing on her heels.

"That's impressive. I've only broken four bones. And no I haven't signed up anywhere yet. My mom wanted to get settled first. Where do you dance?"

"Dance Factory. Sam too. What's your speciality?

"Mainly lyrical or contemporary but I also love hip hop. You?"

"Jazz, tap, and ballet. Sam is hip hop, lyrical and tap." She said as we finally got to the front of the line. I ordered my hot chocolate and one for Sam, and Izzy got one as well. The guy said it would take a few minutes. We nodded and turned.

"Hey will you text me when they're done? I'm just gonna go check on Alex real quick." I gave her a small smile and nodded. She took off towards the locker rooms, leaving me alone to look around. As I was looking around the busy concessions stand, a small shadow slowly moved over me.

"Hey Kenna, right?" Mitchell asked as I turned toward him. I had to look up to to even try and see his face.

"Y-yea. Hi." I said blushing. 'Why did I stutter?' I muttered under my breath. 'Ugh'

"I'm Mitchell." He said with a slight smile but it was just barely noticeable, because almost as quickly, it was gone.

"Yea. I know who you are."

"Right. Sam and Izzy right?" I nodded.

"Um, I was wondering if you could talk for a second?" He asked, gesturing away from everyone. I looked around and toward the locker rooms. In the chaos, I could just see the top of Izzy's sleek hair.

I nodded and started following. As we walked away, we passed Izzy, who looked at me wide eyed. I shrugged at her and continued following Mitchell. He finally stopped after walking for a couple more minutes, making sure we were really far from everyone else. Behind us, the crowd started yelling and cheering, signaling it was the end of halftime.

"Are you okay? You seem nervous?" I asked him curiously. He nodded quickly and ran his hand through his dark hair.

"Yea I'm good. Uh, look, I need to ask you something and it's kind of important." He said quickly, avoiding all eye contact with me.

"Mitchell, are you okay? You can ask me anything."

"I need a favor." He said looking down into my eyes.

"What kind of favor?" I asked putting one hand on my hip.

He chuckled and sat down on a bench. I was finally able to get a look at his eyes and noticed that they were dark, but not brown dark, it was a dark blue. When he laughed, his head tilted back a bit, but not much.

"Why are you laughing?" I ask curiously.

"You trying to be fierce. Its adorable." He laughed again.

I huffed and looked at him.

"What's this favor of yours?"

"Oh right. I need you to be my girlfriend."

**********

Yay! I'm finally done switching pov's! Every chapter from now on will be in Kenna's point of view except maybe a few here and there. Anyways, byeeee!

~Brynlee