Chapter 13: Thoughts

After eating and talking, Sasuke and Naruto decided to walk around the village. Naruto smiled and leaned over after growing tired of talking about herself. As much as she enjoyed the interest that no one had ever shown her before she wasn't a narcissist, she liked getting to know other people as well.

   "So Sasuke, what about you? What lies underneath the visage of the mysterious Bastard Uchiha?" Naruto asked, seemingly more comfortable with acting as herself around the black-haired boy.

    "I don't know what your talking about, everyone knows about me. What happed to my family." Sasuke growled, trying to hold back the pain of the memories. He didn't need to think about that while around her.

  Naruto shook her head, "I don't care about that Sasuke. That's about your family, your past maybe but that's not about you. I want to know you specifically. What you like to eat, your hobbies, what you dislike. Favorite candy? Favorite weapon? All that kind of stuff. Of course you don't have to tell me all now, it's better to find out as time goes by, dattebayo."

   Sasuke gave Naruto an incredulous look. No one one a personal level had ever cared about that before. All anyone asked him about was his parents, or the lack there of. He didn't think anyone knew anything about him other than the fact that he's the last of his clan and top of his class. Not even his crazy ass fangirls knew anything about him. No one bothered to ask him personally and he never cared to tell to much.

    Growing impatient with the silence, Naruto crossed her arms and puffed out her cheeks. "Hmmph, if you don't want to tell me then all you had to do was say so." She grumbled with irritation.

   "Tomatoes and Onigiri. I like them..." Sasuke said suddenly.

  Naruto smiled, the small bit of information making her happy. She turned back to Sasuke, "If you had told me that earlier I would have gotten you the Spicy Miso ramen with tomato and ham. That's my second favorite, dattebayo!"

    They continued to walk, Naruto still being the child who avidly talked while Sasuke listened patiently. Though she wanted to know more about her new friend, she respected that he wasn't much of a talker. They finally made their way to Naruto's apartment when the sun began to set behind the tree line, it wasn't long till they were standing if front of the tattered green door with 'Uzumaki '  sprawled across it in a mess of handwriting.

    Naruto had her hand on the door knob, leaning her back against it as she looked at Sasuke. She gave him a small smile that faded into a frown, "I wish I didn't have to be a boy again tomorrow." She said sadly.

    Sasuke frowned as well, he liked the way she truly was. Not the way she pretended to be. The Naru he knew was smart, beautiful, goofy, funny, and a brilliant prankster. She enjoyed a good laugh and seeing the reactions of people when she did something out of character. 

   "What's your real name? The one you were born with?" Sasuke asked.

   Naruto shook her head, "I don't know. After I became Naruto to the public, I got hurt alot. Not just physical but mentally too. To protect my self, I subconciously forgot my entire exsistence as a girl to deal with becoming a boy. It made the transition easier as a child. I understand it now and of course I know that I'm a girl... I just... I still can't bring myself to remember anything...." She explained solomnly, but shook her head.

   "I'm sorry. I don't want to end this with a heavy feeling like this." The blonde smiled Sasuke brightly, " Besides, I like being called Naru. So don't feel too bothered about it." She smiled.

  A wave silence fell upon them. Naruto wanted to lighten the mood, while Sasuke wanted nothing more than to make Naruto realize that he wanted to have more than a friendship with her. Neither of them said anything. After a few more akward moments, Naruto finally turned the handle and pushed herself back to open the door.