Marry Me Juliet

"No." Juliet said shocked to the proposal Romeo made.

It had been a while since they ended the kissing battle. They soon began discussing their future and present situation while lying into each other's arms.

"You don't want to marry me?" Romeo asked hurt. Juliet cupped his cheeks smiling warmly at him. She couldn't have asked for anything more. All she wanted was Romeo and all she wished for was; only Romeo and Romeo.

"I love you Romeo and I do wish to be your bride but I don't want it like this." She said softly.

"We can have it grand and--"

"--No, I don't want a grand wedding." She said interrupting Romeo who gave her a more confused look. "I mean I would like to have a grand wedding but that is not what I truly want. You know our families are enemies. Do you know what made them enemies?"

Romeo gave a alien look before answering. Romeo had never thought about the history of their families, much.

"Umm...I know they fight against each other a lot and-and my father told me that your family was at fault. I actually never bothered about it much." Romeo admitted sheepishly. Juliet gave him a chaste kiss smiling. Juliet cherished Romeo's carefree behaviour and cheerful aura.

"I, too, am in dark regarding the subject. I asked Father about it but he didn't gave me a proper reason except that his father was too an enemy of your grandparent. Do you know what this mean, Romeo?" Juliet asked looking at a slightly bored looking Romeo. She sighed smiling and shaking her head. Romeo pouted holding her close.

" This means that they have no idea why they are at war, Romeo." Juliet concluded proudly. "I want to marry you, Romeo but I want it when both your and my family will stood side by side, smiling at each other and giving us their blessings, together." Juliet said happily. She liked it when they had a reunion or a masquerade with people smiling and dancing with each other.

Romeo on the other hand wasn't so optimistic about the thought.

"I don't think that is going to happen Juliet. Our families could agree on only one thing and that is killing each other." Romeo said sighing defeatedly. "Does that mean I would never get to marry you?" Romeo asked sticked to his wish of marrying Juliet.

"If we worked hard enough to come with an idea to open their eyes and make them see past their unreasonable rebel against each other, we could have a happy marriage, Romeo." Juliet said with faith and determination in her voice.

Romeo on the contrary had different agenda going on.

"It isn't going to happen, Juliet. It feels like you are making excuses not to marry me. Am I not good enough for you or do you have someone else in your heart. Is it that kinsman, Paris?" Romeo spatted out of jealousy and defeat too.

Juliet didn't took it to her heart. She knew Romeo was young and so was she and marriage is a life-long commitment but she knew one thing for sure, she couldn't live without Romeo.

"Jealousy isn't going to make me marry you, Romeo." She said wisely watching a fake galring Romeo. "But one thing definitely would. I need you to promise me something." She proposed.

Romeo said yes the instant Juliet asked for the promise.

"I don't want anyone to die. I don't want anyone's blood colouring the ground because of our love. Promise me, Romeo. Promise me that there wouldn't be anyone dying because of our love. Promise me you wouldn't have your hands painted in the blood of my family or yours, for that matter." The request was urgent and Juliet was desperate. She didn't want their pure love to be bathed under the blood of their loved ones.

Love is supposed to bring people together and make happy ending. It never intended to get people killed.

"I promise you, love. I ask for nothing but your hand in marriage. Marry me, Juliet." Romeo said looking straight into Juliet's eyes.

"Marry we shall, Romeo." Juliet smiled against Romeo's body which embraced her like a precious gem.

There was going to be a marriage. But could Romeo keep his promise?

                     ______________

Pick up your best dresses and suits. We have a wedding to attend folks!!!

Do you think Romeo would be able to keep his promise?

Who will be attending the wedding?

Will the Capulet and Montague let it happen?