Epilogue: Day 573

Mitch couldn't sit still for another second. He hopped on his feet, nervously walking out of their living room and into the hallway.
Scott would be back any minute now and that would mean it would be finished and done.

He looked up at the pictures that where spread all across the hallway wall. Big and small frames, high quality shots and selfies, black and white or colourful.

The first one he crossed was the oldest pic they had together:
Them standing in the old harbour in Australia, both tanned and obviously happy.

Mitch lifted his hand, touched the cool glass and chuckled. He still remembered that woman that had thought of them as a newlywed couple.

To him it was seemed surreal how he managed to fall in love with Scott, his surf instructor and how their relationship blossomed so quick and easy. Even on this very first picture, Mitch loved how genuinely happy they looked.

He went on to the next frame which held a picture of him in his Elphaba costume and Scott who held him in his arms tight and had a proud expression on his face. It had been taken on the day after the premiere, just minutes before showtime.

Mitch went further and couldn't help the warm feeling in his guts when he saw the assembly of selfies they had taken over their long stretch of time apart from one another and together with each other.

The next frame was a collage he had given Scott for their first anniversary just a few months ago. It held the selfies together with a picture Jacques had taken of them at the first party they had attempted in his café.
In the picture, they where leaning at the bar, fully unaware of their surroundings and just looking at each other.

Mitch loved this picture, because it showed their love in a very unique way. He had hidden it with the plan of using it as a present at a certain point.

The next picture he looked at was one they had taken the day they had made up after their first and only big fight. It was a selfie, and he could see empty take out containers in the background.

When Mitch saw the next picture, he grinned. It had been taken at the beach of Australia during Scott's last days there. They had decided to go out to surf and Scott was proudly wearing one of Mitch's birthday presents, a swimsuit which looked like it was suite and tie. And he looked marvellous in it.

Almost as marvellous as he looked at Kirstie's wedding, wearing a real dark suit to accompany Mitch's pastel coloured best man outfit. The picture had been taken on the dancefloor and they were softly swaying to the music, only having eyes for one another. It had been an amazing day and night and when Mitch had looked at Scott during the ceremony, he just knew that someday in the future, he would marry this man.

Scott was also wearing a suit in the next picture, but Mitch wasn't. 
To both of their surprise, Mitch hadn't only be nominated for a Tony but won it as the best newcomer act of the year and since he had been nominated for a female role as a male actor he had chosen a rather androgynous outfit for the night.
The picture showed them on the red carpet and Mitch was wearing a creation Jacques had helped to choose: it was a mixture between a floor length black dress with a wide neckline that left his  shoulders free and something that reminded distantly of a very fancy hoodie.
The Tony itself stood on their mantelpiece in their living room, where it sparkled brightly every time the sun was shining through the window.

Mitch remembered everything vividly. When his manager called him to tell him about the nomination, he couldn't believe it. It was like a dream. Of course he called Scott, who was at work, immediately, telling him about the news. When Scott came home that night, he brought a bouquet of red roses for his Elphaba.