Chapter 5

James POV*

It's been 12 hours and Katie still screams ear piecing loud. Every time she screams I say "don't do that angel you're gonna lose your voice." Sometimes I think she can hear me because she stops for a while and sometimes she does it again right after I say it. I wonder if she is screaming because she is scared. For about 2 hours now I have been thinking what would happen if I laid down next to her if she wouldn't scream anymore. Part of me wants to go lay by her and see if it works and part of me thinks it's a bad idea. Katie screams again but its louder this time and it caused me to fall out of my chair onto the ground. I moan in pain and say "angel you can't do that!" she screamed again and I just laid on the floor because the screaming is getting worse. It used happen every 2 hours that she would scream once and now she is doing it every 2 minutes. She gonna bust my ear drums if she keeps it up. Katie screams again and say "Angel you got to stop that or gonna have no voice when you wake up." The doctor comes and says "James why are you on the floor?" I say "Katie screamed really loud and it caused me to fall out of my chair." The doctor says "oh and she hasn't stopped screaming yet?" I say no she hasn't its getting worse though." The doctor says "what do mean by worse?" I say "well it used be every 2 hours that she screamed once but now it's happening every 2 minutes." The doctor says "have you tired touching her in some way to see if she will stop." I say "no but I have thought about laying by her because I think she is screaming because she is scared." Katie screams again. The doctor jumps and says "try it and she if she stops." I say "but won't I mess with all the things hooked up to her?" the doctor says "nope you will be fine just try it." Katie screams again and I get up looking at her. Katie opens her mouth to scream and I touch her arm with my fingers. Right when I touched her she closed her mouth and didn't scream. I looked at the doctor and say "she didn't scream! How did you know that touching her would make her stop?" the doctor says "I didn't think it would work to be honest but she obviously feels better when your with her or touching her in some way." I say "so I should lay next to her and see if she stops then?" the doctor says "yes and I will be back later to check on her and you. Remember she only has one day left then we pull the plug on her." He walked out and I sighed. I climbed in bed next Katie and held her hand on her stomach. She hasn't screamed since I touched her. Now I think she really was scared and just wanted me by her........