75th Reaping

CHAPTER 2

Today is the day of the reaping. I am not the only female victor but I will voulenteer if I have to. I am not letting others go back and face this horrible reality. They have children and all I have is and aunt whom I never see.

I get changed into my favourite out fit. It is a short green dress that finishes just above my knees. There are wave like feature on the bottom of the dress. The grass green colour of the dress not only resembles the grass of my district but goes perfectly with my golden red hair. I hope I make a great early first impression on my sponsors!

Many people have gathered in in town square to see what poor soles have to face this hell again. Jissicah our Capitol rep steps up onto the stage. "Welcome, welcome all. I hope these games will be one to remember and my the odds be ever in your favour." The horrible Capitol accent echoes around the square. God I hate it. She stands up there every year smiling, knowing she will never have to face anything like this. It is DISGUSTING! "Now lets select one courageous victor for the honour of representing district 10 in the 3rd Quarter Quell. Ladies first." Jissicah reachers into the bowl that contains only two names. "Daize Amberfield". I walk up onto the stage. I see the thankful but sad faces of people I went to school with, people that I may never see again. "Now for the boys". Shortly both of us tributes are standing in front of the crowd. Jissicah says few more things and then we are whisked away. "There's been a change of plans, you are to hop straight on the train to the Capitol. So sorry, there will be no good byes" Says a Peacekeeper. I wonder if they get satisfaction out of this job. This news doesn't bother me. I don't think anyone would have come to see me anyway. I look over to John, my fellow tribute. He is in his last 30's and I know he has two children because I visit them sometimes, they are only young so I know he would have been wishing to see them one last time.