The plan

CHAPTER 7

Errr, I hope this thing Shane said is worth it. i get out of bed and smack my hand on my alarm clock, 11.23pm, great my favourite time to get up, NOT. I chuck on some long pants and a jacket and head over to my door. I open it slowly to see if anyone is out there, then very quietly I tip toe down the hall to the elevator. I step inside and press the button that says roof. the elevator begins to move and when it stops an the door opens I am amazed to see what people have gathered up there. There is Johannah and her mentor, Finnick and Mags (Who is an old lady, probably in her 80's) and their mentor, Beetee, Wiress and their mentor. Haymitch, Katniss and Peeta's mentor is here also but their is no sign of Katniss nor Peets. And finally me and Shane. Plutarch the Head Gamemaker for the Quarter Quell appears. Oh god, what have we done? " Everyone take a seat" Plutarch says. " I have gathered you here this evening to discuss the recent up rising in the districts, I hope you are all familiar with it. As you know Katniss and Peeta's 'stunt' they pulled last year up set the Capitol especially President Snow! Katniss has now become a beacon of hope for everyone, she is the Mockingjay." Hushed voice begin to start amongst everyone. " Hush, hush everyone," Plutarch continues. " I am part of a group of people from district 13 that have gone under cover in the Capitol. During the games we want you to do everything you can to protect Katniss, ok?" Everyone glances at one another . it look over at Shane. "I thought district 13 was destroyed." "Yes that's what you thought." Shane replays with a smile. Plutarch raises a hand. "Now this is what I called you her for. The arena this year is a clock. Each hour has a different thing happening in it. on the 12th point there is a lightening storm. On the third night in the arena for who ever is left, I want you to make certain that Katniss and Peeta are at te large tree. Beetee and Wiress know what to do so follow their orders." I look over at Beetee and Wiress. They look nervous, like they are scared or something. "Now for the difficult part. Depending on how many are left, after the explosion we will come to rescue you but, we can only save half of you. The rest will probably go to the Capitol, where we will later come and save you. We need volunteers for whom that my be." Without think I throw my hand in to air. "Daize wonderful, thank you. Who else will join her?" Johannah slowly raises her hand. Wait, what is she doing she deserve to go home. I glance over at her, she smiles at me softly and I mouth 'thank you' to her. "Peeta will join you also. It was either Katniss or Peeta and we chose Peeta." I gasp. What? Katniss and Peeta need to be together. suddenly I am mad. "Does Katniss or Peeta know about this?" I ask. I can feel the blood pumping around my face. "No, they don't. So when you see them don't tell them about this and when they are in the arena let them figure it out themselves but give them tips, ok?" "Yes" we all reply. And with that he is gone. We are allowed to ask no questions and are sent back to our floors. When I enter my room I glance at the clock, 1.00am! I hope into bed and fall straight to sleep.