Train tracks

CHAPTER 3

Once we are onboard the train I go into my room. It is a 1 day journey to the Capitol so I want to rest up before I am greeted by camera's and stylists! Jissicah comes and knocks on my door to say dinner is ready. I walk down to the dinning room and see Shane our mentor. He is about 50 and won very convincingly when he was 17. He mentored me in my first Hunger Games and is the reason I won. While I was in the arena I slipped of a branch and feel a few meters scraping my body on the branches as I fell. I woke feeling dizzy and I knew I had lost a lot of blood. I wasn't in any state to climb back up the tree so I crawl up against the trunk. That night it was freezing and lighting a fire wasn't an option. I feel my self drifting off to sleep when I hear a beeping noise. I open my eyes and sitting in the tree is a parachute. It takes all my energy but I climb up the tree to the parachute. I open it and inside is healing cream. Not only did Shane save my life by sending the cream but by sending the parachute and by making me climb back up the tree he got me out of reach of horrible Cheetah like mutts that came scavenging that night. I owe him my life and I am so glad he isn't facing the arena with me. For dinner we are given a plate of mashed potatoes and lamb shanks. No doubt that lamb was from our district. Once dinner is over we go and watch the replays of the reaping to see my competition. The ones that catch my eyes are both tributes from 1 and 2 and also Finnick Odair from 4. Johannah from 7 is deadly. Like me she pretended to be weak but then showed how good she really can be with an axe once in the arena. Katniss and Peeta are also ones to watch. Since being star crossed lovers they will have a lot of sponsors. Also Katniss is pretty handy with a bow. Tomorrow we will be arriving at the Capitol so I head of the bed. Can't wait to see what my stylist has in stored for me.