Katniss at the sneer

CHAPTER 5

I am woken to the sound of Jissicah knocking on my door. "Hurry down to breakfast, Shane wants to speak to you." I quickly get changed into my training gear an go to breakfast.

Yum, pancakes, my favourite. I sit down to eat and Shane gives us a run down on what to do at the training centre. "Ok, everyone knows what each others strengths are so get as much practice as you can at your strengths but don't pass the opportunities of the survival skills training, you will need it in the arena." We finish breakfast and head down to the training centre.

Everyone rushes to the weapons so I go to the sneers. This is where I see her. Katniss walks over to me and sits down. "Hi I'm Daize and we ALL know who you are." She smiles. I go back to the sneer. "Errr, I can't do this" I moan. "Here let me help. you do it like this." Katniss moves closer and demonstrates how to make an amazing sneer. "Thanks Katniss... I'm sorry that this happened to you. You know because you and Peeta" I say. Katniss looks at me and I see sorrow cross her face. "I should be the one who is sorry. You are so young you don't deserve this" I smile. "Well I am glad it is me and not anyone else" Katniss looks at me shocked "What do you mean?" "Mean everyone else has a family and I have no one. I live at the victors village by my self. it is better it was me" I look at Katniss. She reaches out and puts her hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry" "Don't be. I'm fine, really." We finish of at the sneer and I decide to go try some knives. Everyone one is so good so I go to the far end so no one can see me fail. I pull back my hand a thrust it forward letting go of the knife. I hit the target dead in the centre. For the rest of the day I through knives. I only miss a few times. I think I have found a new talent. That night at dinner I tell Shane about my new discovered talent. He say tomorrow get to the arrows, that is where my real talent is. Then I go to bed. I think about Katniss. She would make a good ally, but I know she will want Peeta. Although when I brought him up today she seem strange. I will find out tomorrow why that was.

Can't wait to see what Lexi has I stored for me!