Chapter 7 (Tyler and Jonathan)

(Normal- Tyler)

Tyler huffed as he neared the "portal". The whole thing just pissed him off. If they hadn't found the stupid thing yesterday he'd already be several quarters into Pac-Man.

Just get this shit over with.

He thought to himself, standing next to the portal. He glanced at his friends, then back at the purple sheet. He sighed and stuck a hand in.

It felt cold, almost like slime. When he moved his fingers it was as if he was moving them in a pool of water, but when they were still If felt goo.

He yanked his hand back out, confused when he didn't see anything on his hand. The portal made a warped splashing sound as he yanked it out, almost like it was made of a type of liquid.

"What did it feel like?"

"Did it hurt?"

Tyler ignored the questions at first, trying to figure it out himself.

"No...no it didn't hurt. It was like I dipped my hand in a tub of slime. But when I moved it felt like water."

"So like oobleck."

Brock said.

"Oobleck?"

Marcel asked, lifting an eyebrow.

"Yeah Oobleck, when you punch it, it feels like a solid, but move slowly and it acts like a liquid."

Evan said like it was common knowledge.

"But it wasn't like that,"

Tyler said, frowning.

"When I held still it felt like slime, and when I moved it was like a liquid."

"So the opposite of Oobleck."

Brock said. Tyler sighed but nodded. He couldn't think of another way to put it into words, but he assumed that would have to explain it for now.

"Let's go."

Tyler said finally, beginning to walk away.

"Hey Brain, 50 bucks you won't jump in."

Tyler barely caught Jonathan's bet but swerved around to glare at them.

"No. I won't let you do that."

Brian glanced at Tyler and Delirious, before asking,

"Cash?"

Delirious smirked and pulled out his wallet, a fifty whisked out soon after.

"Brian, no."

Tyler said, stepping closer to them. He was taller than anyone else, he could stop them if he needed to.

Brian glanced at Tyler and smirked before taking the fifty.

"Sorry Tyler, I could do with some cash."

"Brian!"

Tyler snapped, grabbing at him.

"Quick! Hold Tyler!"

Delirious squeaked, grabbing his arm. Nogla grabbed his other arm and Evan stood between Tyler and Brian. He seemed hesitant to do anything else though.

"You said it didn't hurt right?"

Evan asked Tyler, casting a worried glance at his friends.

"Evan stop him!"