Chapter 31 (Tyler and Jonathan)

(Normal- Tyler)

A week passed as the guys waited desperately for a donor to come to Brian's aid. However, over the course of the week Wildcat had been regaining memories, although they were small and fluttered about like they had nothing to attach to.

He could remember the moon in a dark alley and the arcing beam of electricity. There was a hockey mask and a yellow flash of light before he lost all connections to those memories again.

He sighed and rubbed his eyes as sleep began trying to pull him under. He settled into his makeshift bed in the lab and let his eyelids droop as he fell asleep.

~

Tyler glanced around the blackened area, looking around confusedly.

He had been brought here many dreams before and each time he would always find a crack in the blackness before waking up.

He saw a flash of light and turned to see another larger crack appear, letting golden light filter into the darkness. Tyler walked toward the brightness and placed his hand on it as the crack grew before shattering.

Tyler had to blink as his eyes adjusted to the light and finally, he could see again.

He was on the beach, the crashing of the waves on the shore soft on his ears.

There was a coughing from nearby and Tyler looked to see Scotty lying on his back, blood coating his chest.

Suddenly every even that had lead to this moment came back, filling Tyler in as he ran toward his friend.

"Scotty!"

He called, running as fast as he could.

However, no matter how fast he ran Scotty only seemed to get farther away.

"Scotty no! I'll save you!"

Scotty suddenly appeared by Tyler's feet, his breathing shaky as the hole in his chest pumped more blood out.

"Tyler..."

Scotty heaved before going still.

Tyler collapsed next to Scotty, pulling his limp friend in for a hug.

"No no no! No Scotty come back! Please!"

~

Wildcat was met with darkness as he sat up in his bed, breathing heavily.

He couldn't remember his dream, as usual since he came to the lab. He did get another piece of a memory though, he could remember seeing blood on piles of sand.

Wildcat curled his legs into his chest, rocking himself slightly to calm his nerves. He was always on edge after these nightmares, and it was the only thing that seemed to help him.

That and holding Mister Carrot.

Wildcat groaned as he remembered he could no longer hold the calming carrot as it had been put in a Tupperware in the fridge so it would last longer. He remembered Vanoss offering to get a dog toy Carrot and had almost said 'yes please' but felt like he couldn't do that, not with the true Mister Carrot still semi-fresh.

Besides, I would name it Mister Carrot Junior. Nothing can replace the real Mister Carrot.

Wildcat caught himself after the thought. He didn't remember why or when he had said the name Mister Carrot Junior, but it almost felt familiar. He relaxed back under his covers, trying to push his thoughts away as he drifted back to sleep.

~

Tyler was dropped in the same dream, although this time there were cracks in the darkness everywhere. He had to shield his eyes from the light as he neared it and pressed through...