the ball

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I held out two dresses in my hands. I couldn't decide between a blue and a purple dress. Tonight Uther was to throw a party. And all for what? To celebrate genocide? I mean... that was the point of the party...wasn't it. 

In all honesty I want no part of it. We're all human. In the end that's all that matters, right? 

At least I'll be able to see Merlin again. He has the strangest sense of humor. And he may not be a knight in shining armor, but he is brave. That or incredibly stupid to even consider talking to Arthur like that. Either way he intrigues me. You never see that type of humor with noblesmen. 

Thank god for long dresses. They hide the flats I've enchanted to sound the high heels. Hmm... I guess blue, seeing as it matches my hair color better. 

I place a fake smile on my face as I take my seat next to Morganna. She gives me a knowing look and placed her right hand on my left. 

I glanced at Lady Helen, and almost instinctively, felt uneasy. There was something off about her. I've had this feeling every time I glance at her since her arrival here in Camelot.  It was almost like...magic was radiating off her. 

It wasn't the same magic that seemed to radiate off Merlin. This aurora seemed...dark. But, typically, I couldn't say anything without revealing my magic. 

That doesn't mean I wasn't keeping an eye on her. The second she started singing I felt a small wave of magic. It was trying to will me to sleep.

 I cover my ears; directing my gaze to the chandelier. Oh well, I never liked it that much anyways. With a flash of gold, the metal chandelier fell onto the witch.