The lady of the lake

When I heard of the Druid girl that escaped, I knew Merlin must have been the one to set her free. He's the only one with magic besides me stupid enough to free her. I shake my head in slight disbelief. That's my favorite aspect of the warlock: his willingness to help people. I just wish that he was more careful, because one day he's going to get himself executed.

I wasn't necessarily surprised when I found Merlin rummaging through my dresses. But I still felt the need to ask "Merlin, what are you doing?"

"Er searching for moths."

"Oh in that case this one is hole ridden. I'm afraid you'll just have to burn it," I speak up, handing him my least favorite dress with a fake sigh. He starts to walk away before I speak up again. "Oh and Merlin?"

"Hmm?"

"Don't get too close to the fire. You might just get burned ." I knew exactly what was going on. Even though it hurt to watch him go with the knowledge that he most likely won't come back, I understand. He just wants to be free. I, especially, know what that feels like. To be trapped and alone. To have the fate of the world and everyone with magic be leaning on you. I can protect Arthur for him. I can preserve his destiny.

I did not expect to see Merlin the next day. "Are you ok?"

"Y-Yeah."

"You should ask for a day off. I'm sorry Merlin."