Chapter 1

Hey, so first of all I wanna introduce myself. Im Jay, short for Jordan, and no I am not a guy. I am 17 years old, an aspiring sound tech living in the streets of LA. Not really I live with my best friend but ill get to that later. I ran away from home when I was 13. My father blamed me for my mothers death. But its not my fault that she had cancer. Weeks after she died my father started drinking. I guess he couldn’t handle it. He was always out late, and when he came home he always screamed at me and blamed me for her death. Then one night he started to hit me. So I did what any coward would do. I ran away. I didn’t have anywhere to go. So I ran to Bradys house. Brady Clark is my best friend. He lived in a mansion. I am not even kidding. His parents were loaded. Brady was the typical type of guy. He was good looking, good at baseball, he drove this black mustang around, and in short he was the perfect american teenager. I know youre wondering why a nerd like me would be best friends with a guy like Brady. Well he may look like the typical player, but Brady is one of the nicest guys around. He defended me at school when times got rough. He likes to call himself my bodyguard. A lot of people mistake him as my brother, and I do consider him as my brother. Well cause he is. Sort of. Legally.

So here I am rambling.

Anyways im here at Bradys house. Well technically my house too. The social workers deemed my father unfit to raise me or some shit like that. So the Clarks adopted me. Allison and Taylor Clark are my new parents. And they always insist I call them mom and dad. But its weird, I try to call them that but I got used to a first name basis. Im in my room right now blasting Ed Sheeran and singing along while decorating my room. And let me tell you this. My room is fucking amazing. Taylo.. I mean my dad gave me 200 bucks to buy things for my room. So I bought a bunch of Doctor Who posters online and some band posters. I bought some christmas lights and a polaroid camera. I took a bunch of photos already. Mostly it was me and Brady. Im planning on filling the whole wall with em. Well summer break starts tomorrow and mom said she had a surprise for me and Brady. So I might as well sleep so tomorrow could come faster.