Chapter 11

Erin also benefited from her mother's change. Up until now, Susan had never let her go to highs chool parties, only birthdays. But now, after Susan had thrown away the paranoia mantle she had been wearing, she realized that it was okay to let her daughter do what she wanted. After all, Erin was a mature girl and Susan had taught her better than to get herself in with the wrong crowd. One day, as they were shopping, Susan surprised Erin by buying her the dress she had been longing for for months, but when she had asked her mother for it a few weeks back, Susan argued that it was too short and she would look too vulgar wearing it. But now it was Susan herself who picked up the dress and urged Erin to try it on.

"You look beautiful, my dear."

"You don't think it shows too much of my legs anymore?"

"So what? You have beautiful legs, darling."

As Erin was gloating in front of the mirror, Susan was admiring her. She'd only looked at her as you look at a child, but now, especially with the revealing crimson dress on, Erin reminded Susan of herself at the same age, an ivory-skinned young lady, with an enviable waist and a full chest.

"Someday you're going to have men eating out of your palm, my dear."