Chapter 12

The days passed peacefully as Susan divided her time between her job, spending time with Erin and her new set of books. Self-motivation to Heal the Wounds, Power of the Human Mind, and Building Blocks of Neuro-Linguistic Programming were only a few titles of Susan's new acquisitions. She would read from them whenever she had the time and after every chapter she felt that she had more and more dominion over her fears, effectively unmasking the scouts the army of evil thoughts were trying to send her way.

At Breasal, the same wrinkled faces were secretly sweating on the benches of the Cave while talking about the weather. That day Susan walked through the crowd at a relaxed pace, her impenetrable shield of optimism bouncing off any threats of invasion from the neighboring sufferers. There was no more pain burying her into the armchair with its weight. When she looked out the window, pampering herself with the salty vapors, her chest, once tormented by pulsating termites, was now being flooded with waves of peace.

Down in the harbor the fishermen were setting off with their boats for a new day at sea. It was a good day for fishing and it was also a good day for Susan. One of her patients' cancer had entered into remission.