Chapter 3

Em's POV:

BEEP BEEP BEEP was all i heard and all i could see were white lights shining on a curtain...I felt my stomach hurting and I remembered where i was and why.

'Argh' I moaned, sitting up.

A smile appeared on Liam's face.

'Your awake!' He said, coming over and holding my hand.

Suddenly, Doctor Maynard appeared through the white curtains.

'How are you feeling now dear?' He asked me.

'Honestly...like death' I said and Liam raised his eyebrows, looking worried.

'Right, that's never really a good thing' Doctor Maynard joked. 'But on a serious note, we did a few tests while you passed out.'

Oh right, i'd passed out. I'd always wondered what it would be like to pass out but now i knew...and i wouldn't particularly like to do it again.

'Tests? What kind of tests?' I asked, confused. 'Like what?'

'Blood tests babe' Liam said and nodded at my hand.

I looked at my arm and saw a plaster over my skin. Ew cringey! I hated anything like that.

'Weve evaluated the results and weve come to the conclusion that it's appendicitis.' Doctor Maynard explained.

I saw Liam bury his head in his hands. I was confused as to what appendicitis was.

Doctor Maynard must of understood my confusion because he explained it.

'Dont worry, its not too dangerous but if you dont get it solved, it can cause you alot of pain. It's a stomach infection which can cause you up to 4 times more pain than your already in if you don't get it resolved.' He explained.

'So whats the procedure?' Liam asked, holding my hands.

'The only solution is to have the appendix removed' Doctor Maynard explained, giving a soft smile.

I groaned and Liam squeezed my hands tighter.

'If you want to go through with this then the surgery will be tomorrow morning at about 11AM, i'll give you both some time to think about it' Doctor Maynard shot us a reassuring smile and left the room.

'I dont want to Liam! I said, trying to not cry. I was scared!

'Baby i know its scary but surely you dont want to be in more pain than your already in do you? He asked me gently.

'No' I bit my lip and shook my head. 'But im scared!' 

'I know baby, i know. But once you get it over with, youll feel okay again wont you?' He smiled sweetly and stroked my hand.

'Yeah i guess...i dont really like the idea of being alone all night!' I said worriedly.

'Dont be silly! I'll stay the night with you here!' 

'Oh will you Liam are you sure?' 

'Yeah of course I will love!' He said. 'I'll have to go home and get you some stuff...you might be in for a few nights'

Doctor Maynard appeared back through the curtains.

'Right have you made your decision yet?' He asked.

Liam looked at me and I smiled slightly then nodded.

'Yes, she'll have the surgery thankyou' Liam said on my behalf.

Doctor Maynard wrote down my full details on his clipboard and gave me a paracetemol then left us alone. Liam brought us both a drink up and we sat and talked for a bit. He texted Louis, Harry, Zayn and Niall to let them know what had happened then left for a while.

Those 4 are my best friends...I had known Louis since we were 5 when we went to school together. When he was 16, he auditioned for X-Factor and got put into a group with the other guys and Liam but didn't get through past bootcamp so gradually, everyone forgot about them which is sad because those guys...wow they can sing! And that was how I met my Liam!

Quick authors note:

Heeey guys!:) 

Before anyone says anything, i am aware that the boys got through to the final but I didn't want this to be one of those fanfics where the boys cant go through the streets without fans being around...so the twist in this story is that the boys aren't extremely famous! Keep voting/commenting! You can tweet me at @PlanetStyless :)