Chapter 4:

During the tryouts I kept my distance from everyone, including Tanner and Josh. What they said to me really hurt and I had to prove to them that I could make the team.

Tryouts were tough, and when I mean tough, I mean tough enough to have three kids puking and five dehydrated and having to sit out. Thank God I was smart and was not one of them.

To prove myself I made sure I was one of the fastest on the sprints and put a shoulder into a lot of the boys, surprising them. I need this spot on the team.

As we finish up I notice Tanner and Josh coming my way. Before they get to close I grab my bag and turn around, heading towards the girls locker room. I hear them yell my name and pick up the pace. I start jogging towards the door and enter into the safety.

They begin banging on the door. "Dani open the freakin door!" Tanner yells. I notice Josh is quiet. "Open this door or so help me I... I will open it."

I gulp. He would open it. In 7th grade we dared him to go into the girls bathroom and he strolled on in.

I dash towards the door that enters the school but it's locked. Looking around, I enter a shower curtain and slow down my breathing as the door opens and light popes into the dark room.

"Dani" Tanner grumbles. "I don't want to play this game. Just come out and we will talk"

My breath stops when he starts checking the curtains around me. Once he pulls back mine, I shriek and try to run off but he grabs my wrist and yanks me back.

"Really. A shower curtain?" he chuckles but stops as soon as he sees the deadly look on my face.

"Look, we didn't mean what we said. Its just bizarre that you would tryout for the guys team. And- "

"We don't want to see you hurt when you don't make the team." Josh wraps up the story.

"When you don't make the team? What kind of a friend are you?" Forget all the feelings I had earlier! Before they can say anything else I'm out of the room. this time, they let me go.

_______________________

Very short chapter I'm sorry I'm not as motivated to write anymore D: