Chapter 5

Furious, I stomped off rather childishly to the parking lot. Although I knew about the problem before I came over, I stalled. Once I finally reached the parking lot, I looked back and forth between the sidewalk and Josh's car. Walking home the other day was a really dumb idea and I did not want to do it again.

The thought of stealing his car occurred to me but I quickly pushed it in the back of my mind. Even though I was extremely pissed at them, it wasn't right to take the car and was immature.

I looked at the bed of the truck and an idea popped in my head. Before I could think of the cons of it, I hopped in the back of the truck and laid flat down so they wouldn't see me.

Grinning madly, I waited until they arrived. I was losing my sanity and really needed some sleep.

Soon I heard them arrive. It was hard to miss them seeing as they were arguing.

"Really dude? That was nice of you."

"What! I know you were thinking it too!" Josh replies. I frown.

Tanner doesn't reply, which makes me even more upset. I thought that my twin brother would have at least a little faith in me.

Suddenly two bags come sailing in the air and land on me. I have to slam my hand over my mouth from shrieking. I forgot about their soccer bags.

Moments later the truck starts and we are off. I smile, content that I got away with this.

The drive home seems to take forever. when we are finally there it is too late to realize my dilemma.

"Uh... Dani?" Josh says as he grabs his and Tanners soccer bag. Tanner laughs when he sees me but I am clearly not in the mood.

"Well. See ya!" I exclaim as I hop out of the truck and dash into the house. I sprint up the stairs and lock my door in case they decide to come after me.

That night I manage to sneak out of my room and take a container of ice cream to my room. I lay on my bed watching some spy movie.

"Dang. I could be the next James Bond."