My investments

Tonight I decided to make roasted potatoes with asparagus and a pot roast and for desert creme brûlée. As we were unpacking groceries my phone rings, I grab it and answer it.

"Hello." I say.

"Rory I just got your message are you ok?" Luke asks concerned with worry evident in his voice.

"Yes I'm safe. I'm changing my number put me under Leigh. I'm going to go by Leigh Hayden in public." I say.

"That's good because he doesn't know your a Hayden. I'll take care of the house and I'll look in on the inn every so often for you. Just keep in touch. I love you, be safe." He say genuinely.

"I will love you too Luke." I say hanging up and I make my way back to the kitchen.

"Luke?" Keith asks.

"Yeah he's worried, wants to make sure I'm safe." I say.

"Who's Luke?" Tristan asks curiously.

"He's a father figure to me he's also Jess's uncle. He wants to kick his ass right now. He always warned me when he would be near and made sure never to leave me alone with him. He's the one who informed me of Jess stalking me." I say.

"How did he know he was stalking you?" Tristan asked perplexed.

"He went to visit Jess and he went into the wrong room thinking it was the bathroom. I was plastered everywhere. To this day Jess still doesn't know that Luke warns me." I say smiling at Luke protecting me.

"That's good that he kept an eye on you." Tristan says smiling at me. I nod and I put the roast in the oven and start making the creme brûlée. Once done with desert I put it in the fridge to become cold. I prep the potatoes and asparagus and throw them in the oven.

"Can you guys set the table for me?" I ask them and they nod and set the table. They helped a lot with dinner. Since it was hard to bend down and move much they moved items to me or put things in the oven and checked on things.

"Keith, can I ask you something?" I ask him when he reenters the kitchen.

"What is it Angel?" He asks concerned.

"How would you feel selling this house and buying a bigger house for us?" I ask him nervously.

"We don't have to sell it. We could use it for guest and get another house. I know you want me close so you feel safe and I don't mind. I love you, your like a daughter to me and I would do anything for you." He tells me.

"How would you feel if I asked Karen and Tristan to move in with us?" I ask him.

"I wouldn't mind and I know you love Tristan and you will tell him when the time is right." He says assuring me. I smile at him when Tristan comes back in the kitchen.

"What are you guys talking about?" Tristan asks curiously with a raised eyebrow.

"She was wondering if you and your mom would want to live with Rory and I in another house." Keith told him.

"I'd love to I'm sure Mom would also. Just ask her." Tristan says grinning widely with a sparkle in his eye.

"I also want to help your mom open up a club." I say smirking.

"She told you that?" Tristan asks cautiously.

"Yeah I told her I would help her. I have my own record label and I would be happy to help." I say smiling genuinely. Soon dinner was ready and everyone arrived and we sat at the table.

"So Brooke what do you do?" I ask curiously.

"I own Clothes Over Bros." She tells me. I sit with my mouth open in shock.

"What's with the look?" Peyton asks.

"I invested in that company. No offence but how are you related to your mother. She reminds me of Hartford woman cares more about appearance than her own kid." I say with a eye roll. Everyone laughed.

"Really? You invested in my company." Brooke asked curiously.

"Yes I did. I had a few conditions in order to invest the amount that I did." I say smirking.

"What conditions?" Haley asked with a eyebrow raised.

"One I never deal with her. Two the designer has more free reign. Three if I hear she's trying to take over I will immediately take my money out." I say laughing.

"Holy shit. I was wondering why she wasn't bothering me as much." Brooke says laughing.

"Hey I like your work. I noticed there was a slight change and figured out why. Your mother must have done something so I gave her those conditions. She thought I was a sweet, innocent and naive girl but I was raised by a great family and they taught me business and to be ruthless when I needed to be." I say with a grin.

"What was the name you used to invest in?" Brooke asked.

"Let me guess Leigh Hayden?" Keith asks with a eyebrow raised. I simply nod and Brooke is shocked.

"Karen can I talk to you privately for a moment?" I ask her. She nods and helps me up and we walk to the kitchen.

"I have a few things to ask you?" I say.

"Ok what is it?" She asks concerned.

"I want to buy a bigger house. I asked Keith and Tristan now I'm asking you. How would you feel about living with us?" I asked her.

"I would love to." She says smiling and hugging me.

"Second thing is how would you like to finally open up your own club?" I ask her.

"Really?" She says her eyes welling up with tears.

"Yeah I will invest and provide the bands and help you out any way I can." I say to her.

"Wow thank you I really appreciate it. I have a feeling your going to be my daughter in law one day." She says smiling her eyes sparkling.

"Who knows maybe." I say smirking. We went back to the dining room and finish dinner and dessert. The night ended well, we all went our separate ways. Karen helped me once again to get me ready for bed and kisses my forehead goodnight. During the night I was screaming from a nightmare and suddenly I'm being shaken awake.

"Mare?" He asks concerned.