Chapter 2

Chapter 2- Among the Angels

All I remember is waking up suddenly to my mother screaming and my dad yelling and bright lights coming strait towards us. And then everything went blank. Soon i was in a field which was weird because i remembered i was supposed to be in a car but the field was so beautiful i didn't mind. I remember dancing around and seeing a bridge, but i couldn't see past it because it was blindingly bright and as soon as i started walking towards it someone grabbed my hand and I woke up in the hospital.

My doctor looks at my like im crazy and says yep must have been a dream. My aunt pipes up saying maybe you were going to Heaven and something brought you back to us. I think about and say i dunno then my doctor tells everyone to leave because I need sleep. When Im finally alone I cry and cry, I never thought about what it would be like to lose your mom forever; and thats what the car accident had done, it had taken my mother for forever. My dad had lived because it wasn't on his side and i had barely escaped with my life.

For the next few days i was in and out of life, I was depressed because i felt like i couldn't live without my mom. Without her blonde hair that i loved to play with, with her shoulder i would snuggled my head in when we hugged. Her grace and confidence that she carried with her all the time, just everything.

One week later

My dad pulled up unto our road and I saw our new house for the first time. It was very beautiful; the yard was fenced in with expensive brick and the house had deep red bricks and white shudder windows. It also had what looked like to be a wrap around fence and a huge dog house off to the side of the house. I looked at my dad questioningly and he said "Your mother wanted to give you a dog for your 17th birthday" he looked down as if he was about to cry and i put a hand on his shoulder and another on my little sister Emily and said we will make it through this. She wiped a tear away and said "okay sissy." I nodded and opened my door letting the sun hit me, it felt so amazing!! Up where we used to live we never got sun like this. After about five minutes of the sun i started to sweat which amazed me but not in a good way this time. I scowled knowing summer was almost over seeing as how it was August 20th. I got my purse and headed inside and got immediately hit by a nice pine smell. My dad got in front of me and showed me my room which was completely empty besides my bed in the middle of the whole room, and had hospital walls. I call it that because i hate white walls and i hate the hospital (which usually has white walls.) My dad saw me cringe and said don't worry we can paint it soon. I nodded and he left I put down my purse and moved my bed to the corner with a window and laid down.

That night I got woken up by a hooded figure, I tried to scream but it was holding my mouth it held up a finger to its mouth and i nodded. It moved it's hand and turned on the light while removing its hood revealing a very very sexy guy. Upon further examination i saw he had the most beautiful green eyes and dark dark hair with plush beautiful lips and a sexy bad boy look to him. He was wearing khakis and black nikes. He sat down saying "my name is Adrian I'm sorry for rudely breaking and entering but I needed to show you who you are now and your responsibilities." I laugh and say "what? are you crazy? what do you mean what i am??" He sighed and said "do you believe in angels Willow?' I nod slowly and he said well there are different types of angels fallen angels like myself, angels that need to prove themselves, angels that are always with god and people that don't cross the bridge to heaven and come back to earth becoming an angel." I process this and say "wait your telling me that your an angel and im one too?" He nods and i start laughing hysterically he covers my mouth saying shhhhh!!! I nod and say "dude your crazy you have five seconds to leave before I go get my dad." I mean this guy is hot and all but its obvious he's a little wacko.

He sighs saying "I didn't think id have to do this" he then takes off his hoodie revealing a very sexy six pack and tattoos across his arm. My eyes get big and then he does something that would change my life forever, he closes his eyes and the most beautiful wings sprout from his back. They are midnight black I stand up and touch them he flinches at my touch but I'm to busy and marveling at how soft they are. Its like touching the most softest material and then multiply that by 100. I smiled and said "okay i believe you do I have wings too?" He shakes his head saying "you have to earn them, I earned mine after my first kill and I got this tattoo, he points to the one on his arm, by bringing you back." I cocked my head as if to say huh? He laughs and says "every good deed we do right we get rewarded. God kicked me out of heaven until I could prove myself worthy of coming back, once im fully tatted up i think i can come back but I'm not sure." his wings disappear and he puts his hoodie back on. I nod trying to process it all and say "how did you get in my room? why does killing give you wings? isn't that bad? why did you get kicked out? how old are you? how long have you been here? are there more like you? how do you know who i am? will i get tattoos too? what is my purpose now?" His eyes get big and he holds up his hands saying "slow down all will be revealed in time and yes there are more like me and you are going to go meet a band of them now. We call ourselves the immortal assassins." I look at him saying "I'm going to meet them now? What time is it? are there girls? how many of y'all are there? and why assassins?" He just looks at me and then slowly says "you ask alot of questions, where I'm from people that ask questions instead of just doing get killed. Its 1 o'clock you'll be back in time for now that's all I will answer." He then procedes to take off his hoodie and his wings come out and then he jumps out of my open window, wich answeres my question as to how he got in my room, his wings catch him and he hovers beside my window and tells my to jump. I giggle thinking of peter pan and how im Wendy now and then I jump.