🚬🚬

It was a few weeks into the school and they both noticed things. The sides were always split and even the teachers they had were pastel for the pastels and vice versa. Their "friends" were also the same way, they never talked to the other side. They didn't like that

          He always wanted to make new friends regardless if they were pastel or not and she didn't like the idea that she was conforming to the rules society had put. It was their mentality that would cause them to meet.

          She was on the rooftop, skipping class, and smoking one of her many cigarettes, watching the smoke disappear and reappear with each breath. He had lunch and already finished eating when he decided he wanted to admire the sky's light blue hues.

          When he opened the door she slightly turned her head and they locked eyes. She had expected him to leave since she was a muted color and he was pastel. However, he wanted knew friends so he sat down a few feet away from her.

          She raised and an eyebrow as she turned slightly to the left, looking at him, and said, "your not going to leave?". He just smiled and said, "no". She then asked, "why?" He hummed a bit and said, "I want to make new friends and I can't really do that if I just avoid people"

          She turned to fully face him now, her cigarette in her hand as she asked, "but I'm a muted color and you're a pastel" she watched him shrug as he said, "so?" She let that process in her mind as she let out a chuckle, took the cigarette back in her mouth, letting out a puff of smoke and said, "alright kid, you won I'll be your friend".

          He let a smile cross his face. She took that moment to fully see what he was wearing. He wore a mint pastel hoodie, lightly pink skinny jeans and a flower crown made of white flowers sitting nicely against his light brown hair, his hazelnut eyes staring at her, his pastel pink lips in her smile. Despite her "bad" attitude she let a smile cross her lips at the idea that she would have such an innocent friend.

          He watched a smile form on her face as he analyzed her as well. She wore a dark forest green sweater, black skinny jeans, her short dark brown hair resting on her shoulders as her brown eyes stared at him her rosy pink lips slightly upright to form a smile, a cigarette in her left hand.

          She suddenly stuck out her right hand towards him and said, "let's shake on it" he nodded as he stuck out his hand as well shaking it. They didn't know what the future had in store for them, wether he pulled her down to hell faster or she took him to heaven they had no way of knowing just what a simple handshake and a promise of friendship would lead them too. But they both knew they would be there for each other and what more could you ask a friend for.