Prologue

Everyone has a different way of meeting their soulmate. There's the red string attached at the pinky, the tattoo of their first words, the timer on the wrist, and a lot more. There were some uncommon ones that always made me confused such as the time lapse where they would continuously meet until they properly met, or time froze if they were in the same room until they made eye contact. 

One of the ones that wasn't that common was the one my friend had. Whenever her soulmate would get hurt, she would get flowers blooming wherever it was. She got small flowers blooming quite often around her legs and arms, and I just assumed her soulmate was extremely clumsy or had a weird job that caused them pain. Either way, it was different flowers depending on the injury. Normally it's Forget-Me-Not's when it was bruises and Baby's Breath for a paper-cut. Then it would be Daffodils when it was a more noticeable cut, or a larger gash. Chrysanthemums were for extremely bad guts that required stitches or something, and that's as bad as it has gotten.

Our other friend had Heterochromia, and was only able to see perfect colors in his brown eye while his green eye was a grey spectrum. Sometimes he got confused, and no one could really blame him, and it gave him headaches quite often from the jumble of colors, so we hoped he would be relieved soon. He just wanted to meet his soulmate and get rid of the confusion mainly, he was tired of it.

Mine was something I wasn't quite sure of. There are lots of tattoo ones out there, and mine was just a simple, water-colored circle on my side. I wasn't sure what mine meant, but from the size and simplicity, I hoped it would grow as my soulmate and I interacted, and could only hope. I was always confused, and since nothing ever happened, I was slowly losing hope.