XIII

A couple of weeks flew by, and midterms were coming up which meant less time hanging out with everyone. I never really studied, it wasn't ever necessary for me. When I wasn't working at the café, I helped Tae with his work he had, and was busy being mom. Jisung was busy studying, locked away and we barely spoke. It was also slowly closing in on my birthday, and I wasn't too excited.

"What do you want for your birthday," my mom questioned on one of her rare nights off. She's been staying at the hospital more lately, but she brought more money in to pay for bills and now there was left over for us to spoil Tae for Christmas.

"Nothing," I shrugged. My mom sighed and looked at me before turning her attention back to the drama that was on.

"You always say that," she mumbled, and I laughed. "Do you have work tomorrow?" I shook my head no. "Go hang out with Jisung or your friends. They made me take tomorrow and tomorrow night off. Tae and I will do something."

"You should rest-"

"You should be a teenager," my mom cut me off. "Trust me, I'll get enough rest tonight and tomorrow night. Go hang out with someone."

—————-

The next morning I texted everyone and they all were busy except Jisung, who never responded. Texting his mom, she had given me her number when we met, she insisted I come over and drag him out of his room. Agreeing to her statement, I quickly showered and dressed in black, skinny jeans with a nude pink sweater, a pair of brown Timbs, and a black beanie. It was getting slightly chillier, but nothing too major yet.

"I'm going to Jisungs," I called out to my mom in the kitchen who hummed in response.

Shoving my phone, wallet, and house keys into my back pockets, I left the house. The walk down to the station wasn't too bad considering there weren't a lot of people out at this time. The station was pretty empty too, along with the train. Finding a seat relatively quickly, I waited patiently until the stop was called after 15 minutes.

Stepping onto the platform, I headed upstairs and scanned my card as I left the station. Walking down the slightly more busy streets, I eventually came to the bus and waited for the right one. Luckily the bus was almost completely empty aside from an older couple in the front.

"Morning," the older woman smiled brightly, wrinkles more prominent.

"Morning ma'am," I grinned back, bowing and heading to another seat.

Waiting for Jisungs stop, I pulled out my phone and texted his mom since he had yet to answer my first text. She thanked me for coming over and I was quickly at their doorstep in 10 minutes. Knocking on the door, his brother answered with his mother right behind him.

"Danbi?" His brother questioned but was moved as his mom ushered me inside and shut the door.

"Morning," I greeted them, removing my shoes. "I've come to remove Jisung from his studies."

"He's in his room," their mom spoke with a heavy sigh. "Can you bring him some food please?"

With a nod, she left for the kitchen and returned with a tray of food and drinks for both of us. Walking upstairs, I knocked on the door but gained no response. Knocking again, I once again gained nothing and cracked the door opened. Jisung sat hunched over at his desk, headphones in and playing music loudly. Sighing, I shut the door and set the tray on his blue covered mattress.

"Jisung," I called, pulling one of his earbuds out. He flinched and looked at me before releasing a breath.

"Oh my fucking god," he cursed, leaning back in the chair. "You scared me."