Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I finally arrived at our campsite parking lot at Coachella, I loaded everything into a golf buggy, which would drive our stuff to the campsite, I got to ride with the golf buggy since Chris and Liz, and the other two, I already forgot their names were running late, since they had to stop for gas.

There was a small fire pit, and a grill at our site, the guy driving the gulf buggy, helped me unload everything before he had to go. I was going to wait for the others to show up before I started to put my tent together, but I decided to just do it myself. I loaded the bag onto the ground and found the instructions. I started by laying out the tent flat and then making the poles. I struggled trying to put the poles through the loops that would hold them and I guess someone saw me struggling because a guy with a very nice English accent asked if I need a help.

"Umm. In any other situation I would say no since I don't know you, but I don't know how long my friends are going to be so, yes please", I said.

The guy laughed a little at my acceptance of his help, " Alright, I'll take this side you take that side", he said directing me.

With in two minutes we had the tent set up.

"Easy peasy", he said taking a step back after it was up.

I was amazed at how easy it actually was.

"Thanks for the help", I said.

"No problem, always willing to lend a hand whenever needed", he said.

"I'm Dana", I said, offering my hand for a handshake.

"I'm Harry", he said back, as he accepted the handshake.

"Pleasure meeting you Dana, but I have to go and set my own tent up, see you around", Harry said before leaving.

"Same... I mean the meeting you part not the setting up the tent since you already helped me with that", I said babbling like an idiot.

"Haha, bye, see you around", Harry said before leaving.

Harry was pretty cute I'm not going to lie, he had brown curly hair, and green eyes. He also had quite a collection of tattoos. But I'm not going to dwell on my lack of flirting, and I just need to focus on my friends, and being the fifth wheel.

Liz, Chris, and the other two, I should really learn their names, arrived probably fifteen minutes after I finished putting up the tent.

"Sorry, we're late we also stopped for a snack", Chris said when they arrived at the campsite.

"It's fine I got my tent set up with no worries, I didn't know when you'd be back so, I did it by myself", I lied, I know but they wouldn't believe an attractive British guy helped me put up my tent, it sounds like a cliché romance story.

"Alright, Thom and Chris, do you want to set up the two other tents, and Lily, Dana, and I, will get some food going?", Liz asked.

Thom and Lily... I really need to write those down so I don't forget.

"Sounds good sweetheart", Thom said.

Thom and Chris got started on those while Lily, Liz, and I started making food. We didn't make anything extravagant, we made classic peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwiches. The boys got the tents up in no time. The coupling had started, both sets were feeding each other like it was completely normal and I wasn't there. They were talking about their love stories and how they met and all that jazz. It then hit me, that I will never have that with anyone, I mean I guess it could be possible but what's the point since I wouldn't be able to stay with them for months and leave them with the devastation of heart break.