Chapter 4

I drove Harry and I back to my house, all throughout the journey I would glance over at Harry and when he would catch me and just smile at me. Harry walked me to my front door.

            "So..." he said.

            "So..." I said back.

            "That was fun, watching the sunset and all", he said.

            "Yeah, it was great, and we got back with an hour to spare, we can sit out here and talk for a bit. If you want to that is", I said.

            "Sounds perfect to me", he said, as he took a seat on the steps in front of the door.

            I sat beside him.

            "So Dana, you don't have any old boyfriends or a prom date that is going to come after me?" he asked jokingly.

            "Haha, what, no. I've never had a boyfriend and I didn't go to prom even though I wanted", I said.

            "What really? You never had a boyfriend. I don't believe that".

            "It's not that I didn't want one, I was just never asked out. To be completely honest you were my first kiss, as childish as that sounds".

            "Really? I hope I didn't disappoint", he said grinning.

            "Well... it was a little disappointing. I think you might need to work on your technic a bit", I said.

            The look on his face was priceless. He was shocked that I said that.

            "I'm kidding, Harry. I'm completely kidding. I was great!" I said back.

            "Oh phew. You gave me a little heart attack", he said, acting relieved.

            "But there is something I do have to say", I said.

            "What?" he questioned.

            "We can't be anything more than friends... I don't want to start something that may not end well", I said, fixating my eyes on the ground.

            "Is it because I'm famous, and you don't think it was last because of it?" he stated.

            "No... It has nothing to do with you being famous, its all me... I have... I mean I'm just not ready for anything more than friendship", I said. I was going to tell him to get it out of the way but I couldn't... I couldn't bring myself to telling him.

            "I understand Dana... but that still doesn't mean I'm not going to try to win you over with my skills in romance", he said.

            When I was about to say something the front door opened.

            "Dana, good your home early! Good job tattoo boy", my dad said.

            "His name is Harry, Dad", I said as I got up.

            "I know his name... actually the whole world knows his name, they just don't know yours yet Dana, you're just known as 'mystery girl'", my dad said.

            "When were you going to tell me that Harry boy here is famous, and you have already been on his death trap of a motorbike", he said.

            "I was going to get to later", I said.

            "Oh, and the Yahoo news story that was buzzing tonight was you two kissing at the beach. How was that?", My dad said.