Chapter Four

Chapter Four:

"I want you to dance with me Ali," Luke said as he grabbed my hand and yanked me towards the group of people dancing in the middle of the room. As Luke pulled me I tried extremely hard not to spill my drink but I failed miserably and ended up dropping it on the floor. I was going to go clean it up but Luke wouldn't allow it and he continued his rush to the dance floor. When we were amidst the sweaty bodies Luke came to an abrupt stop. He placed his hands on my waist and began to move to the upbeat song. I was a little puzzled by his forward actions but I decided to just go with it. I wrapped my arms around his neck and joined him in dancing. Luke pulled me closer and we continued to sway to the music.

The whole situation felt odd; I was dancing with an extremely hot guy who I'd only met twice but it felt somehow right. Our bodies were extremely close; chest to chest, nose to nose. Luke gazed into my eyes and I stared right back. Before I even had a chance to comprehend what was happening, Luke's face began to tilt and he began to lean in. Just before his lips touched mine I realised what was happening and as much as I was enjoying the feeling of being close to him, we had only just met and I wasn't the kind of girl to hook up with random guys.

"Luke," I said quietly. He pulled back immediately and the drunk glaze seemed to lift from his eyes a little.

He scratched the back of his neck and stuttered, "Alison I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that."

I could tell my face was a little red but I tried to play it cool,

"It's okay, really."

We stood in an awkward silence, neither of us knowing what to say. I wanted to break the silence so I went to speak but just as I opened my mouth Luke asked,

"Uh... Do you want a drink?"

"That'd be great," I said as normally as I could. He shot me a small smile, clearly thankful about the excuse to put space between us.

He rushed away and I started to feel like an idiot standing in the middle of the dance floor by myself. Just as I was starting to get uncomfortable a guy with white hair with a black strip down the middle began to walk up to me. He looked perfectly at ease as he strolled confidently towards me. He was wearing a cut off flannel shirt and black skinny jeans and I had to admit he looked good. He shot me a kind smile and when he reached me he said happily, "Hey, I'm Michael." He held out his hand to me and I laughed as I reached out and shook his hand, "I'm Alison."

He smiled again before replying, "Pretty name." I blushed slightly and shook my head. Michael glanced around before asking, "may I ask why a pretty girl such as yourself is standing in the middle of the dance floor by herself?" I blushed again at his compliment before replying,

"Well I was with someone but he's taking forever."

"Your boyfriend?" He asked smiling slightly.

"No," I laughed, "just a friend."

He looked slightly relieved and seemed to regain a bit of confidence as he stepped towards me and held out his hand as he asked, "Care to dance with me while you wait?" He looked a little nervous and I didn't know how long Luke was going to be so I replied, "That'd be great." I took his outstreched hand and smiled, he smiled back and moved closer to me. We both began to move to the beat and soon enough we were in the same position that Luke and I had been in not ten minutes ago; his hands on my hips and my arms around his neck.

We were both lost in the song when a familiar voice growled firmly from behind me, "Get your hands off of her Clifford." I turned around to find Luke with a red cup in each hand, glaring at Michael. "What's your problem?" I asked Luke but he completely ignored me and continued to stare down Michael. Michael didn't move from the position we were in and even when I unhooked my hands from around his neck and brought them back to my sides he kept his hands on my waist. "Did you not hear me? Step away from her," Luke growled, sucking his lip ring into his mouth out of annoyance.