Chapter Five

I was standing behind the till waiting for an extremely slow customer to finish ordering when I noticed the cafe door swing open and a familiar lanky, blonde boy stumbled inside, knocking a chair forward in the process. He caught the chair and tried to cover up his trip, looking around to see if anybody noticed, which other than me it didn't appear as though anyone had. I had to put a hand over my mouth to conceal my laughter as he looked up at me and blushed. I shook my head at him as he joined the line and I went back to serving the middle-aged woman who was taking her time.

At the party, after I had promised Luke that I would stay away from Michael, he insisted that we hang out more, because he wanted us to be friends. We exchanged numbers and he had texted me a few times in the past week, trying to arrange for a time for us to hang out. Calum and Ashton had both been pestering me about it, telling me that I should just hang out with him and I wanted to, I'd just been extremely busy. Michael had also called me a couple of times but I ignored his calls, staying true to the promise I made Luke.

When the lady finally finished ordering and paying she walked away and I let out a sigh of relief. Luke was next in the line and he stepped up to the till with a sheepish smile on his face.

"Ali, we don't talk about what happened in the doorway, okay?" He said quietly, trying to hold in a giggle.

"What are you referring to? The trip or the fact you knocked a chair over?" I teased, laughing quietly.

"Both," He laughed, leaning forward and leaning on the counter before he asked,

"What time do you get off?"

"In like..." I paused, turning around to take a glimpse at the clock, "twenty minutes." He grinned widely and replied,

"Perfect."

"Why's that perfect?" I laughed nervously. He got off the counter and stood up, shifting on his feet awkwardly.

"Well I thought maybe we could hang out for a while... You know, get to know each other a bit. But only if you want to.. I mean if you don't want to that's fine, like I'll unders-" He rambled on and on but I cut him off, deciding to put the poor boy out of his misery.

"Luke I'd love to hang out with you okay?" I laughed looking up at him. His face lit up in a massive grin and it made my heart rate accelerate. He looked adorable and I had to contain the urge to leap over the counter and hug him. I mentally scolded myself for even having that urge, shaking my head as if to clear it of the thought.

"Okay, that's a relief. I really didn't want you to say no," he chuckled quietly. I smiled up at him and once again had to control the thoughts I was having about hugging him. He was being extremely cute and sweet and all I wanted to do was wrap my arms around him... And it was weird.

"I'll just make you a drink and then I should be able to leave," I said.

"Uh... Well don't worry about the drink. I kind of didn't bring any money. I just came for you," he mumbled quietly. Again my heart rate picked up and a huge grin spread over my face.

"Don't worry about it, it's on the house," I replied, already walking away from the till and towards the coffee machine.

"You don't have to do that," he said as he followed me around the counter, stopping when we both reached the machine.

"I'm doing it. I want one anyways so I may as well make two," I laughed already making the coffee shots.

"Do you even remember my coffee order?" He asked smirking at me.

"You mean the teeth ruiner?"

"That'd be the one. Do you remember it? Because I'm very particular about my coffee," he continued, still smirking.