20

Jungkook walked straight to home and closed the door in haste before attaching his back to it, as if someone was following him

"That. Was. Weird."

He shook his head to jerk the strange thoughts away. Even though he knew it wasn't jealousy he felt when Jimin yelled his final statement, he still couldn't deny the fact that it hurt his pride a little bit. Why it did? He didn't know. But Jungkook reasoned with himself that he shouldn't care about it. It was just a momentary involuntary reflexive action that didn't necessarily revolve around Taehyung. He would've reacted the same way no matter who it was about.

With that conclusion, Jungkook nodded to himself and pushed away from the door he was leaning against. After taking three steps he realized he was supposed to meet Namjoon today after breakfast but the turn of events made him come back home. Jungkook slapped his forehead before taking his phone out of his pocket and dialing said person's number as he once again stepped out of his door.

"Ah hyung. How are you?"

"Yes and I'm on my way to meet you."

"Wha- Really?"

"No! No, I mean yes. Yes, of course. I would love to."

"Thank you, hyung. Thank you so much."

"Yes, I will be there in a minute."

Jungkook ended the call and punched the air in excitement as he let out a loud cheer.

"YES! Finally!"

Finally, the day had come when he no longer needed the stupid mascot costume anymore. Finally, he could work like an actual employee. Finally, he could get more pay while doing less effort. Finally, he could sleep the amount of hours he needed. But first, he needed to get rid of the thing in his house that could remind him of his tortuous time of job till now.

"I need to burn that thing as soon as I come back home."

Jungkook mumbled to himself as he walked towards the toy store he used to pose for. Once he reached the destination he took in a deep breath before pushing the door to enter the place and face the news that had him hyped.

"Guk-ah!"

Jungkook turned his head to his left upon hearing the familiar voice of his boss and bowed before approaching him.

"Hy- I mean, sir."

Namjoon smiled fondly at him for his slip of tongue. Jungkook had developed this habit of calling Namjoon 'hyung' at all times except his work hours during which he referred to him as 'sir'. But time to time he would slip up and used them in each other's place amusing Namjoon.

"Can't you just stick to one? I'm okay with either of them."

"It feels better this way, sir."

Jungkook grinned unable to control his happiness that was about to explode soon. Namjoon could literally see the aura around him and wondered if he should or shouldn't tease him a bit but decided against it since the brunette had worked hard for more than half a year even sacrificing his sleep for it at times so it would be cruel to do that to him now.

"I can see you're already pumped for your first day as a cashier."

And that was it. Jungkook couldn't hold it in any longer. He jumped and in the next second he was around Namjoon's neck peppering him with 'thank yous'.

"Thank you, hyung. I mean, sir. Thank you thank you thank you thank you~. I can't tell you enough how grateful I am."

Namjoon let the boy be for a while before he felt himself suffocating and needing the air to breathe.