Chapter 16

Chapter 16

            What the hell just happened? Liam kissed me? Why? I said I was confused. Liam is a good friend and I could never see him more than that. I loved Niall. If love is what I think it is then I do. Maybe my definition is wrong.

            I ran into the rain. My legs would go any faster than they already were but I pushed myself. The water splashed up against my legs.

            “LOU! Come back. I’m sorry.” Liam cried after me. He was chasing me and god knows I wasn’t going to win. I sprinted. I was at full speed now. My chest was heavy and my breath was shagged. My legs burned as they hit the concrete. I had to get home. My foot caught on a rock and I hit the water. My head smashed the ground and the burning began. There was a loud crack as my leg was smashed against the corner of the sidewalk. I let out a huge moan and held my scarlet ankle. I cradled it in my hands and rocked back and forth.

            “Lou. Oh my gosh. Are you okay?” I heard that comforting voice say close to my ear. I was dizzy and all I could do was moan. I felt myself slipping but I tried to focus on Liam’s face. It was full of worry as he tried to pick me up. I couldn’t say anything to protest. I moaned once more and he laid me back down.

            “You’re going to be okay. I will call an ambulance.” He cried. I wouldn’t know because at that moment all the pain went away and everything went black.

            Niall POV

            I laid in bed trying to get some heat back into my body. I couldn’t stop shaking or sneezing. Nobody was home. Lou left with a slam of a door. Zayn I suspected was with his girlfriend. Harry was probably at a bar. Liam was probably with him.

            Everything was silent. I heard myself breathing and the cars outside our busy hotel. There was a knock at the door. I slowly inched myself of the bed. I stumbled my way to the door. Luckily I got there in one piece. I opened up the door and was met by a familiar face.

            “Hey Niall.” She purred. I remember her, but I just can’t remember who she was. Her long blondish brown hair strung lightly around his thin face.

            “Um…Who are you?” I mumbled. She sarcastically looked taken aback. She put her small hand up to her pale face.

            “Come on Niall. Its Ella. Remember cookies. That false date you tried setting up with me but accidently forgot to come. Those many times I saved your life and your relationship. Those text messages I sent you but you never replied. Why didn’t you reply Niall? God knows you weren’t busy.” She hissed at me.

            That was her. She was the one that sent all those restricted messages. She was the freak that had been stalking me for the last week or so.

            “Why?”

            “Why? The question is why not?! I love you. YOU PROMISED ME YOU WOULD COME TO OUR DATE!! You never showed up so I shot everyone near me.” She giggled evily. I was scared, I tried to shut the door in her face but she caught it with her hand  and threw it open. I fell back to the ground and winced. I was so weak and I knew I couldn’t fight back.

            “All of those innocent people dead, Niall. Because of you. I bet they want revenge.” She spread me out and sat on top of me. Her green eyes were filled with fire.

            “I’m sorry. I got caught up with Liam. I didn’t know you would….um.. shoot people.” I whimpered. Her hot breath was on my lips. I turned my head left and right.

            I resorted to screaming. “LIAM, LOU, SOMEBODY HELP ME!”

            She held onto my hands. God this girl was strong. She smashed her lips to mine and muffled my words. I was so not enjoying this. I was afraid for my life.

            “Kiss me or I will kill you.” She took the silver weapon out of her bag that hung loosely on her shoulder.

            “Please. Don’t. Do this. “ I cried out. The tears streamed onto the floor. She brought the gun up to my temple.

            “KISS ME!!” She screamed. I was trembling from her cold touch.

            “No. I will never kiss a monster like you.” I hissed at her.

            “Wrong answer.” She grinned. She brought the gun to my heart.

            “How about now?” She laughed. I shook my head.

            “Fine.” Her finger tensed up. Her weight was shifted off of me and scrambling echoed through the room. I noticed the curly haired boy wrestling with her. I let out a breath and sighed. There was a gun shot and my heart skipped a beat. I winced as the bullet punctured through my shoulder. The blood started to poor as I screamed out into the silent air.

            Everything went black.