薄桜鬼2

薄桜鬼2
"What should we do with her?"
"...I don't know. Perhaps let her heal then release her..."
"Sir, she said she was of the Ichido clan."
"What? Impossible."
"I thought that as well, but I searched her belongings and...." Harada handed his superior a small decorative pouch.
"They died..." The commander looked surprised as he furtherly examined the pouch's contents.

I slowly awoke to the sound of conversation. I peered my eyes open, and saw I was facing the ground. In front of me, was the man who saved me last night.
"Look at that, she's awake!" The man held a wry smile on his face.
"Good." Another voice boomed from my side.
"Kaori Ichido is it?" The voice asked.
"Yes." I answered hoarsely.
"If that is true, who is your father and mother?"
"My father is Takeshi Ichido of Hino. My mother is Ayame Akamari."
"Where were you born?"
"South of Osaka."
"Her claim seems to be correct."
"How would you know, Hijikata-san?"
"We personally knew Ichido-san. He married a maiko, named Ayame Akamari. Last I knew, they had settled and were raising children south of Osaka."
"You know your stuff." The man commented. I heard rustling come closer to me until I saw who the voice belonged to.
"I'm Toshizo Hijikata, vice-commander of the Shinsengumi."
"Pleasure to meet you. I would bow but..."
"It's fine. How is your wound?"
"It's not feeling too good..." I joked.
"I can imagine so. Souji will change your bandages."
"Ah, thank you very much." Hijikata left with a curt nod. The man in front of me looked disappointed.
"What's wrong?" I asked quietly.
"...Nothing..." He got up and shifted to my side.
"Wait, are you Souji?"
"Yep, that'd be me. Souji Okita."
"My apologies, Okita-san."
"Eh, you didn't know." His cold fingers touched my back, and my hair stood on end after I flinched.
"Did I scare you?" He laughed.
"No...Your hands are very cold."
"Hahaha!" He continued to unwrap my soaked bandage. The pain I was experiencing washed away immediately to be replaced with embarrassment as I realized that my kimono was pulled down to my waist. My body tensed as his gentle hands picked my stomach up. Noticing something was wrong, he paused.
"Are my hands really that cold?"
"U-uh no..."
"Then what's wrong?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.
"I-I just...My kimono...."
"Oh, right. I won't look. "
"....okay....." I stopped and squeezed my eyes shut as he applied the fresh bandage. The entire process felt strange. Finally he finished.
"See, that wasn't bad. Get some rest." He said, then turned to leave. I sighed and rested.