Chapter 11: I Love You

Maleficent looked around the room in Hell Hall, she had a strange feeling they were still to get interrupted, with one swift motion she raised both her arms and green flames appeared around her, "Protect This home and all inside!" she shouted as the flames shot into the sky surrounding Hell Hall in a magical dome that could not be broken or entered by anyone with magical abilities. "Now, where were we..." she said as the flames diminished and everybody stared at her with gaping mouths and wide eyes. Maleficent chuckled as she looked at the others "they don't call me the mistress of all Evil for nothing.." she smirked before snapping her fingers taking the bag Ben had been holding manners was still something she needed to work on. She pulled out a map and the rest of the contents of the bag and chuckled once more as she looked at the items that lay in front of her,

"Who packed this bag?"

"Uh Snow White..." Ben said quietly

Maleficent nodded "She was prepared" she looked up at the group of children and villains.

"What do you mean?" Cruella,who had her hand on Carlos' shoulder asked as she gazed at the objects in front of them.

"Snow may seem like a dumb princess, but she sent these kids with things to help not only themselves. But all of us as well." she held up a ring with a big green stone on it and held it out to Cruella.

"What do these things mean?" Carlos said as Cruella took the ring and placed it onto her finger.

"All of the things you had in this bag, the flower,the necklace,and the ring they all helped us in one way or another. These items were tests, each one was to see if we would give Evie to the Queen in exchange for freedom and peace."

"So because they took it they failed?" Ben said curiously

Maleficent laughed and shook her head "No, in fact it changed us. Have you noticed the isle is getting brighter and less dark?"

The boys and Uma nodded their heads, they had noticed it and they thought it had been odd.

Maleficent glanced up at them, "Every time you helped a Villain discover their pain and helped them to move on it caused a riff on the isle. You have got to be careful however. We do not want the Queen to know this is happening." Although something was telling her she knew already she didn't wish to scare the kids. She looked over to where Jay was sitting, he was oddly silent and that wasn't like him. She then realized that herself and Cruella and Even Gothel had shown their love for their children, all except Jafar.

"Jay would you follow me for a moment." Maleficent said as she walked towards the door. Jay followed the fairy looking over his shoulder at the others.

Once the two were out of view of the group Maleficent turned to the son of Jafar and sighed as she knelt down to his level.

"Your father does love you Jay."

Jay scoffed and crossed his arms as he rolled his eyes "yea, sure he does. He wasn't here when I was a kid and he's still not here. He doesn't care about me." Maleficent sighed thinking of a way to show the boy he was loved by his parent. The boy had grown up strong, much like Mal had and there was nobody to blame but their parents.

"Jay.... I don't know what to say but you have got to believe me"

"A day ago we couldn't even trust you now you want us to believe what you say?"

"I know it's hard to do Jay, and I know we weren't the best parents but please---" Maleficent was cut off when an explosion was heard from downstairs, someone had broken through the magic barrier and was heading for them. Maleficent was about to hide Jay when a voice came from just behind her,