This Is Deep Shit

Niall asked me what parts of town we haven’t gone to. Yes, he’s still here; yes, he’s still with me and I honestly don’t know how or when he finds the time to spend it with me. I thought pop-stars are busy, oh well. I kinda like his company, so it’s all good.

“Can’t we just eat or something?”

“Or we could just go to the mall?”

“Yeah, so you could see me die. I don’t want to go to the mall. How could you say that?! You’re a boy! Plus, you forgot you were famous. We don’t have any knowledge as to how far your crazed fans would go just to see you there.”

“Oh, yeah, right.” He said while placing his thumb and forefinger on his chin. “I forgot about that. We could go to a bowling alley, or a gaming center?”

“I’ve been to both of them countless times already. Trust me, you don’t want to visit those places.”

“We could watch a film, maybe?” He said while raising his shoulders.

“Now we’re talking. Thank you! You’ve finally said something I agree on!” I gave him a pat on the back while he was looking straight on the road. “But can we stop by for lunch first? I’m starving!”

“We just ate ice cream!”

“That’s not lunch! Haha!” he motioned his look from the road to me with incredulity.

“Well, you just read my mind. I knew you were the one!” he said. He returned his focus to the road, hopefully to McDonalds.

“Oh shut it Horan!” I said while resting on the comfy passenger seat. But before you get confused with all that’s happening, I’m going to say to you now that Niall and I are in a road trip. Okay, well technically we’re just driving around town with nothing in particular to go to. Niall insisted it was a legit ‘roadtrip’. I got dragged by him, but partially I wanted to do something just to avoid chores in the house.

We stopped by McDonalds for lunch. We went for a vacant table on the far end of the eating area so no one could recognize Niall. We made extra precautions by putting his beanie and glasses on that he so very conveniently put in the car. He seemed to be rocking the whole hipster look all right but his inner popstar is shining through, it’s almost blinding.

We sit there for a while before deciding what to order. As I was getting his choice of food, Niall tried again to pay for the food but I refused for the second time. “I’ll pay for my own food, okay? Plus, I was the one who chose to eat out. You don’t need to treat me, seriously. It’s fine.”

“But… we’re dating.” He said in a defeated tone.

“No buts. You can call this whatever you want, Niall. I already let you be annoying.” I laughed then continued.

“Look, Niall, I really appreciate you being kind and all, and I really really enjoy going out with you.” I say with a genuine smile then I frown and continue, “SO DON’T RUIN IT.”