Chapter 5

Peyton
We payed for our food and it didn't take long for us to reach The Luxury Inn. I blushed furiously as Lukas and I held hands the whole way, you have to remember I've never done anything like this before so all of this is extremely new to me.
Lukas takes my back and puts it in the trunk of his car. He even holds the passenger side door open for me before. I get in and he shuts it before going around and getting in the driver's side. Serafina sits quietly observing in the back seat behind me.
Lukas starts the car and the radio comes on, I lean forward and stare at all the buttons.
"You can change the station if you'd like."
I look up to see him staring at me intensely and my poor heart skips a couple beats," Why is your radio so complicated? It's not even labeled." I pout.
Lukas chuckles," This button turns the station. This one turns the volume up, this one turns the volume down." Lukas points to them as he tells me.
I look shyly look up at him through my hair," Thank you Lukas."
His eyes darken at that and I can tell how happy he was to hear me say that, though I can't tell which part; his name or thank you.
Lukas leans forward," Anytime, sugar." He kisses me on the nose before putting the car in drive and focusing his attention ahead of him.
I feel like I might melt into a puddle in the seat at that moment. When I come back to my senses I start to fiddle with the radio until I find a station that I like. The ride was uneventful but still exciting to me because I got to see even more of the city pass me by outside the window. I could tell when we entered Lukas's pack because we stopped by some guards who bowed their head,"Alpha." They greeted before we entered.
I gawk at how large his pack is,"Woah. Your pack is amazing."
"Our pack." He corrects, "And thank you."
The pack is actually surrounded by woods, it's surprising because his pack is huge. We drive through a small portion of it before branching off. His house is located away from the hustle and bustle and is off to itself.
"I wanted a little privacy. It's also quieter away here."
Lukas opens my car door for me before I can even reach for the handle. He gets my suitcase and Serafina and I follow him up the wooden steps of his porch. Lukas unlocks his door, before he glances over his shoulder at Serafina." You can stay in one of the guest rooms downstairs."
He stops by the stairs," This hallways is full of guest rooms. Just take your pick." Serafina nods before heading down the hallway.
"Our room is upstairs." Lukas says, taking my hand with his free one as he leads me up stairs.
"Did you decorate the house yourself?" I ask him out of curiosity.
"No, my mother helped after her and my father moved out."
"Where are they now?"
"Traveling and relaxing. Just enjoying their time as mates. One day after our child takes over we'll be able to do that as well."
Lukas leads me into a big bedroom, the bed looked like I could get lost in the black fluffy covers and sunlight filtered in through the shear white curtains. The room was full of Lukas's scent and it made the wolf side of me a bit crazy.
"You can add things in here whenever you like. Anything you want just say the word and it's yours." Lukas smiles kindly.
"So then can we get pink covers?"
Lukas laughs," I suppose so."
"Come here Peyton." Lukas motions me over and I move shyly towards him. He puts his hand on my lower back and leads me to a door before opening it.
"This is the bathroom."
"Woah, why is your bathtub so big? Can I take a bubble bath, like, right now?"
Lucas laughs again." Sure, but I don't think I have any bubble bath stuff."
"That's okay, I packed some."
Lukas raises an eyebrow at that.
"What? I really like bubble baths." I defend.
"Maybe in the future we can take one together then."
I blush furiously at that,"O- okay."